I need help from the experts!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slob180

Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
I need some help from the experts. I recently upgraded to a Panasonic TH-42PX75U Plasma HDTV, 720p. I also upgraded my DirecTV receiver to a H21-200 model. I hooked the receiver to the TV with an HDMI cable and set the receiver to native resolution. The problem is that when changing channels there is a significant delay, almost 7 seconds before a picture appears. When I turned Native off the delay is much shorter. A few questions regarding this: 1. Will a different receiver give better performance? 2. Is there anything I can do on either the TV or the receiver to make it faster while in Native format? 3. If the only answer is to keep Native turned off, what should I have the resolution set to so I will get the best results, 720p or 1080i? Any other info you can add would be helpful. Thanks so much!! Chris

Native is just slower since your TV and the H21 need to resync for the new screen resolution. What I'd do is check out some channels with the H21 set to 720p and then 1080i and see which looks better then just leave it at that setting.

If your new Plasma is a 720p panel like you mentioned, I would set it for 720p if your not going to have the Native OFF .
If you tell it to use 1080i, it will downconvert to 720p anyways because thats what your panel is.

Chances are 720p will look better if you do see a difference at all.

Jimbo

My two Panasonic LCD TVs do show a slight improvement when they do the scaling, as opposed to setting everything at 720p coming out of the HR20.

I'm currently leaving mine on Native and unchecking the 480s, as one of my Pannys does not seem to like a 480 input. But as someone said, you can experiment and see what looks best on your set.

My two Panasonic LCD TVs do show a slight improvement when they do the scaling, as opposed to setting everything at 720p coming out of the HR20.

I'm currently leaving mine on Native and unchecking the 480s, as one of my Pannys does not seem to like a 480 input. But as someone said, you can experiment and see what looks best on your set.

I do the same thing, Native OFF and leave only the 720 and 1080 checked.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SPEEDHD showing MotoCross in HD right now!!

HD sound off sync?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)