Hurricane Rita Stuff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc5qih

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Anyone know if the Hurricane Rita stuff is going to be posted in the general FTA Forum; although I think i'll be going off line on Friday sometime....This storm is big time..I'm almost tempted to go out and pull the dish off the mount to keep it from getting blown apart.....

Chris in Tx

You can pretty well bet the same sats used for Katrina will be in use for Rita.

I can post some I have found already if the mods choose to let them be posted out here instead of the WUT.

When Ophelia grazed me, I made marks where my motor was and when I put it back up, it was pretty much perfect. Total time to take down motor and dish (fully assembled)... 10 minutes.

Yes all FTA Hurricane coverage will be posted in the general FTA area as a public service to everyone.

Our thoughts are with those about to get this storm.

Keep the eye out for any Houston TV stations "No raw news feeds just the real stuff!!"

Just like the New Orleans TV stations are up right now.

Can someone start a collection of stations streaming online for the non FTA folks?

Houston Transtar (Highway Camera)
Hwy45 Gulf @ College/Airport
IA-6
1160/1120

Houston Transtar (Highway Camera)
Hwy45 Gulf @ College/Airport
IA-6
12062 H
1160/1120

Someone forgot post polarity so here it withit included.
Thank for posting it in the first place.

Tony :)

Blind Scan AMC9...

I'm at work now but I found 8 feeds last night on there. Two were Weather Channel and the rest I think were ABC. :)

yes we will keep all of them out in the open :)

make sure you include
satellite
frequency
polarity
symbol rate

Rita Feed

SBS 6
12076V/6111
A - 0256
V - 0308
p - 8190

Scans in as NES COMM

Color weather radar with occasional updates by a meteologist

Hopefully I can get my dish leveled and pick up some of these...

For you guys anywhere near the path of this storm, get out. Seriously, many in New Orleans didn't heed the warnings and had to be cut from their attics.

Anyone who has a dish up in the path of the storm, take the reflector off of the mount. This is what I did with my dish farm, and when I returned, the roof mounts were all still intact. They withstood 140 mph winds, but none of the trees did...

Tron,

Keep an eye out... The track is being moved east more and more.

questic said:
Tron,

Keep an eye out... The track is being moved east more and more.

I think Tron and I will be okay in the Baton Rouge area. Keeping my fingers crossed! Nothing like dodging 'em on the right side and then dodge 'em on the left. I think I'm going to leave my farm up and just take down the CM4228.

I finished leveling the non-pen mount late this afternoon/early evening. Just as I was going to bolt the reflector on, the wind started to pick up from a feeder band. I went inside to check the new universal remote I got for the Pansat only to find that it doesn't have a code for Pansat even though the packaging states that it will control one. Great.

If I can't use the Pansat, I might as well keep the reflector off during the storm tomorrow. No use risking it when I can't even use it :mad: I'm going to have to call One for All tomorrow and find out why the packaging claims to control a Pansat yet there are no codes for one...

Digiblur, hope your gear is secure... Please let us know what interesting feeds come along during the course of the day!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dance music on FTA

General Instruments 4DTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)