HTL-HD receiver - Programming Favorite Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

prince_001

Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
I recently got a Hughes HTL-HD receiver. How to set up my favorite channel list so that I can skip the unwanted channels? I don't see anything when I press GUIDE (once or twice). Any internal (non-documented) programming tips?

Thanks...

Use the SURF function to create a list of your favorite channels. Once that is done, select guide, hit the guide button again, and select SURF. After that, you will be using your SURF channels in your guide. You can go back to ALL (and others) by hitting the guide button twice again.

Thanks! Does that mean I have to add all the channels to my SURF list manually? That is a pain in the butt! I started doing it, but gave up.

Isn't there any easier way to do it?

Thanks once again!!

I don't know of an easy way to enter the channels into the surf menu. It does take some time, but once done, you will rarely have to make changes. I think there are 50 spots for the channels, and I had trouble finding 50 stations that I wanted to enter!

I'm a big fan of Discovery, TLC, A&E, and History, so those are in the top 25 (along with all of the HDTV channels:D). I would put the channels you would want to surf less often in the bottom 25.

You could put your locals in the surf menu, but I didn't. I can't always remember the channel numbers, but I can remember my local station numbers. That's one thing I really like about the HTL-HD. Channel numbers that make sense for locals! Remember to use the '-' when selecting the digital OTA stations (if available).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rca Dtc-100?

Saved me BIG $$$$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)