HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

The phone looks great...but I'm not going to jump on it until I can get a good deal on it. Or maybe they'll replace my string of bad refurbished Touch Pro's into that phone. From what I heard it has the same processor and such as the Touch Pro, just a different case.

Although folks say the 800x400 screen resolution is beautiful along with the nice keyboard.

EDIT: Quadband GSM,CDMA...nice!

Seen it already and the screen and way bigger then my touch pro. I won't upgrade unless Sero is added which it will not.

Seen it already and the screen and way bigger then my touch pro. I won't upgrade unless Sero is added which it will not.

I haven't heard that yet...but the phone isn't out. Same here... you aren't prying the SERO from my fingers!

Love the Touch Pro and SERO...awesome combination for an awesome price!

I haven't heard that yet...but the phone isn't out. Same here... you aren't prying the SERO from my fingers!

Love the Touch Pro and SERO...awesome combination for an awesome price!

Local sprint store had the sample model already for display, that's how I saw it and held it. Screen size is a tad bigger then the Iphone 3GS.. sweet indeed, and the screen tilts if you choose to (manual tilt)

Got rid of the Mogul back in March... keyboard buttons started going out and Sprint replaced it with a Touch Pro for around 60 bucks. I picked up a relatives Mogul the other day and thought wow.... glad to have my TP instead of this thing. It was a good phone for the almost 2 yrs I had it though.

You can use the Touch Pro 2 on SERO Plan. All folks have to do is just buy the phone from a another vendor and just port your number from your Touch Pro to the new Touch Pro 2. Your plan does Not change so you can Always stay on your SERO Plan.

I have seen several confirmations on other forums that folks are using the TP2 on their $30 SERO plans. WOOHOO!!

Yeap saw that too over the weekend.. I cannot get it until 11/1 that's when I become eligible for an upgrade and the lower cost. :rolleyes:

Today, I stopped in the local Sprint store to see the TP 2 and they said it officially arrives on the 15th. Asked how much and they said they are getting official pricing in a meeting tomorrow, as for specials but now the price is shown as $349 with contract.

Also, I learned that the 4G service will come to town ( Jacksonville, FL ) Oct 2010 using 4 towers to cover the NE FL area.

Bandwidth limits- Rep said Sprint was forced by FCC to limit present service to 5 Gb, same as other carriers but the new 4G will be unlimited. :)

Coverage- Said Sprint has same coverage footprint as Verizon because they reciprocate.

Looks like I can save about $100 a month switching to Sprint. If I switch my wife's service too, it would be another $40.

The reason why I would switch to Sprint is because they seem to have new technology first ( I always envy digiblur getting what I want 8 months sooner with Sprint vs Verizon ) and the service is less. I travel less now so having the coverage reliability of Verizon isn't as important to me, besides, it's just better now anyway. The only ones I see having coverage trouble are T-Mobile users and dropped calls and lousy voice quality are AT&T users.

Ive been with AT&T (and all its previous incarnations) for 14 years. Im seriously considering switching to Sprint for the TP2. AT&T will have it, but who knows when. I can also save about $70/month by switching.

My corporate rate lets me get the TP2 for $299. I need to wait until a store has one that I can go in and play with though.

digiblur- I'll bet you'll have the TP2 before I get one. First off, I see my one contract on the 6800 doesn't expire until January. Second, as much as I can dream about a newer technology phone than the 6800, I'm having trouble justifying the cost when I consider the 6800 I have now does so much so well. I know you wanted more but the really taxing stuff I want is already working fine on the 6800 ( Sling, Tom Tom GPS, tethering, Stock market portfolio tracking, multitasking, including voice command and BT 2.0 ) So I have to ask what I would get with the TP2. My list is short so far:

What I get on the TP2 Sprint over the 6800 with Verizon:
1. An analog stereo headphone jack with no adapter dongle required.
2. Internal GPS. The 6800 requires I carry the Tom Tom GPS blue tooth module.
3. 4G speeds sometime near end of 2010.
Am I missing something?

Unconfirmed advantages:
1. quicker operating speed
2. conference calling that actually works
3. Lower cost of service monthly charges.

Presently, I'm in the mode of dreaming for something to really knock my socks off in a new PDA. So, I have to check the TP2 out to see if that really earns a $349 expense.

Today, I stopped in the local Sprint store to see the TP 2 and they said it officially arrives on the 15th. Asked how much and they said they are getting official pricing in a meeting tomorrow, as for specials but now the price is shown as $349 with contract.

Also, I learned that the 4G service will come to town ( Jacksonville, FL ) Oct 2010 using 4 towers to cover the NE FL area.

Bandwidth limits- Rep said Sprint was forced by FCC to limit present service to 5 Gb, same as other carriers but the new 4G will be unlimited. :)

Coverage- Said Sprint has same coverage footprint as Verizon because they reciprocate.

Looks like I can save about $100 a month switching to Sprint. If I switch my wife's service too, it would be another $40.

The reason why I would switch to Sprint is because they seem to have new technology first ( I always envy digiblur getting what I want 8 months sooner with Sprint vs Verizon ) and the service is less. I travel less now so having the coverage reliability of Verizon isn't as important to me, besides, it's just better now anyway. The only ones I see having coverage trouble are T-Mobile users and dropped calls and lousy voice quality are AT&T users.

how does jaz get 4g before the orlando, melbourne, daytona beach area?

Is my iPhone soon to be trash?

FCC Got AT&T and Verizon Scared

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)