HR10 OTA Tuner

Status
Please reply by conversation.
elwaylite said:
Does this unit's tuner work well or should I consider buying one for OTA?

thanks
My H-10 tuner works fine, I can get all my locals with it...
I cannot get channels that are 60 miles away with it, but my locals are easily reached.

The tuner is not as good as the one in the H-20, I have been told that it is about the best D* has for OTA (H-20).

What are you using for an antenna ? Indoor or outside ?
Outdoors will always be better.

The H-10 OTA tuner is not as good as the tuner in my Sony XBR, so if I need to get signals from out of town (60 miles or so, I use my TV tuner instead)

Jimbo

I am planning on setting up the RadioShack 40" boom antenna outdoors, probably about 6 feet off the ground. What I can tell is that being 20 miles or less away from my channels, this should work great.

elwaylite said:
I am planning on setting up the RadioShack 40" boom antenna outdoors, probably about 6 feet off the ground. What I can tell is that being 20 miles or less away from my channels, this should work great.
Yes you set up "Should" work, however, whenever working with antennas, the higher the better ...
Why 6 ft off the ground ? Won't this be a hazard for anyone in the area ?

Jimbo

It's seven feet off the ground, best I can do in my rental townhomes. Where it's at, if you get hit, should not have been there.

elwaylite said:
It's seven feet off the ground, best I can do in my rental townhomes. Where it's at, if you get hit, should not have been there.
Gotcha, As long as it works for you , thats the important part.
Generally with digital signals the higher the better...

Jimbo

Yeah, I wish I could go higher. I'm curious if I should go with the cm 4228 due to the low height to give myself more of chance for higher signals. From what I've read the 4228 offers higher gain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bad NFL picture

ESPN Gameplan & HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts