How to switch from Dish for the least $$$

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnnyRocko

Original poster
Oct 25, 2004
Hi,

I will try to make this as clear as possible but it ain't gonna be easy. Father is currently a Dish subscriber. I would like to transfer his accounts over to DirecTV for the least amount of money. Here is where it gets sticky. He has 13 receivers in 3 different zip codes split amongst 7 different satellites.
I will try to break it down in the hopes someone more familiar with the inner workings/programming packages may me able to help me.

Zip code 1
Main Home -4 receivers
Office - 2 receivers for personal use

Zip code 2
Farm home a - 2 receivers
Farm home b - 1 receiver

Zip code 3
Ranch house 1 - 2 receivers
Ranch house 2 - 1 receiver
Ranch house 3 - 1 receiver

I called their 800 number they offered 3 recievers and then 49 dollars for each additonal one + $19.95 shipping. at 500 dollars just for the receivers this starts becoming not so enticing. Anbody out there know how to maybe take advantage of some of the free receiver packages. Does each account require a seperate credit card? different name ?

The advantage of having one account is only paying for the core programming package once, plus $4.99/per additional receiver.

DIRECTV limits the amount of free receivers any dealer can offer to a max. of four. Beyond four DIRECTV charges the dealer $50.00 per receiver, which is taken directly from any commissions.

If you don't mind having a separate account per location you can get up to four receivers per account for free.

If this is confusing and I assume it as as even I am confused by DIRECTV policy on this one, just call me so we can discuss the details and you options.

-Robert

Zip code 1
Main Home -4 receivers
Office - 2 receivers for personal use

Zip code 2
Farm home a - 2 receivers
Farm home b - 1 receiver

Zip code 3
Ranch house 1 - 2 receivers
Ranch house 2 - 1 receiver
Ranch house 3 - 1 receiver

THIS IS A PROBLEM ?
3 homes and you dont want to spend anything ? WOW i thought my life was great LOL. I went the seperate account way just for eas of use, One account at the shore that i suspend in the winter. One at my main house. Man spend some money for your daddy.

I think some used equipment may be in your future... (does his existing dish equipment have any residual value?) For multiple accounts, do realize that you will owe D* $400+/account for the first year in subscriptions with new gear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

System Setup/Technical Question

nfl network hd game of the week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)