How to setup 722k or 222k when tv1 only has coaxial input and there is no tv2?

rubitony

Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
West Texas
:) The 722K and the 222K come from the factory with the TV1 set to Off in the modulator Setup. TV2 Defaults to channel 60 air mode. Assuming that TV1 (the actual television set) is on cable mode and you don't have any way of changing it to air mode. Is there a trick to force tv1 on the modulator set up to go to air 62 or cable 75. How do the Dishnetwork installers over come this obstacle? Many customers that have eastern arc installations have these MPEG 4 receivers because they can't have MPEG 2 with Eastern Arc installs but still have old TV sets with coaxial cable connections only. :confused:

How old is this TV? It should at least have RCA composite jacks on the back if it was made after 1987 or so. If you are going to use Dish on this TV, why wouldn't you set it to off air and use TV 2 on channel 60? I doubt that you could use a splitter and receive cable and Dish at the same time anyway.

Press menu 6-1-5. U will be in modulator setup. Go all the way to the left and turn on the modulator for tv1 and pick the channel number you want

Hi folks! My name is Anthony Thomas with DISH Network Customer Service. Just reading the post and I actually have some information regarding modulated settings between TV1 and TV2. Modulated settings for TV1 are, by default, set to off. You will need to access the "Modulator Setup" page as described by hawker152. Before making any changes, you will want to note settings for TV2. There is a secret here! Channel 60 air is the same (or close) as channel 116 in STD Cable on a tv. Channel 73 for STD Cable is the same (or close) as channel 21 (or some tv's chan 22) AIR mode. Secondly, the modulator will not allow you to put the channels any closer then two channel number difference. So the original question was if one tv is set to air, and the other is set to cable, and there is no way to change it, how do you get it to work? So lets say tv one is set to air, and tv2 is cable. If you setup for tv1 air the channels will read 62 air tv1 and 60 air tv2 by default. TV1 goes to the official modulated channel of 62, and tv2 will need to go to channel 116 (which is the cable equivalent to 60 air). Lets say the reverse is true, tv1 is cable and tv2 is air. modulate to cable (defaults will be 75 cable tv1 and 73 cable tv2). You can work the same magic in reverse. TV1 goes to 75 of course, and tv2 will actually be found on channel 21 in most cases. There are some limits to this, but 99% of the time this works. Hope this helps!

Hi folks! My name is Anthony Thomas with DISH Network Customer Service. Just reading the post and I actually have some information regarding modulated settings between TV1 and TV2. Modulated settings for TV1 are, by default, set to off. You will need to access the "Modulator Setup" page as described by hawker152. Before making any changes, you will want to note settings for TV2. There is a secret here! Channel 60 air is the same (or close) as channel 116 in STD Cable on a tv. Channel 73 for STD Cable is the same (or close) as channel 21 (or some tv's chan 22) AIR mode. Secondly, the modulator will not allow you to put the channels any closer then two channel number difference. So the original question was if one tv is set to air, and the other is set to cable, and there is no way to change it, how do you get it to work? So lets say tv one is set to air, and tv2 is cable. If you setup for tv1 air the channels will read 62 air tv1 and 60 air tv2 by default. TV1 goes to the official modulated channel of 62, and tv2 will need to go to channel 116 (which is the cable equivalent to 60 air). Lets say the reverse is true, tv1 is cable and tv2 is air. modulate to cable (defaults will be 75 cable tv1 and 73 cable tv2). You can work the same magic in reverse. TV1 goes to 75 of course, and tv2 will actually be found on channel 21 in most cases. There are some limits to this, but 99% of the time this works. Hope this helps!

You're from Dish? Then you would know that it is not dish policy to set up a TV on an air/cable crossover channel such as 116 or 22.
The correct answer to the original question would be to set both tvs to either cable or air. I normally set up the splitter righrt behind the receiver and then use TV1 to show TV2 to set up the receiver. Not mandatory to do it this way, but once the receiver activates it will undo any modulation you have done already and you have to use TV2 anyways to change it back. Once you have the channels set and the TVs programmed to those channels you're good to go. If you were saying earlier that the problem is that you can't get both on air/cable you have a different problem, but I can address that also if you need.

To be sure, it is not a typical install. I was simply replying to the initial statement where Rubitony mentioned that he could not change that setting on the TV itself from air to cable or vice versa. In that instance, this would be a work around as the box itself cannot modulate TV1 to cable and TV2 to air, or vice versa, hence the need to use the crossover channel. Did not mean to step on any toes, just giving an official work around that I have used previously, as this question was a frequent one "on the phones."

I use a cheap rf modulator when I run into two tv's with no inputs.If tv one is stuck in cable mode hook the receiver to home distribution port and change the modulation using tv 2 go to the modulator setup page and press system info on the receiver then you can set up modulation with tv 2 remote

Will I need to pull more cable to upgrade from SD to HD?

722k SD video on HDTV problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)