How to set SG2100 to 0 position?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

air88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Hi,

Does anyone know how to reset SG2100 to 0 position? can I use the reset button on SG2100 to do it? I use Lifetime Ultra receiver and it doesn't have "go to 0" function.

Thanks

Michael

When hooked to the receiver and you have a green light under it you can hit the button (again under the motor) and the motor will move, hit the button twice and it will move in the other direction, get it as close as you can to the ZERO and you are done : )

Thanks Pete for your quick response.

I have another small problem (or not that small) which I can not figure out how to solve.

My whole system (SG2100, Lifetime Ultra, Winegard 2076) works OK now. All the channels are using USALS.

Yesterday, I found one soccer channel's quality is pretty low, about 49%, as the picture moved very fast, the pictures are very bad. I switch it to use 1.2, I found out if I Nudge it just one press west (I don't know how much is "one press"), the quality will increase about 7-10%. So I tried several satellites, for some of them, the quality increased, others no change.

Appreciately my reference position is "one Nudge press" east offset. I tried to correct it, but it is not as easy as I thought. I can only set reference using USALS, but if I move from 1.2 to USALS, the USALS automaticly go to original reference and it doesn't have Nudge either.

Anyone have good ideas to do this without climbing up to my roof to set there?

Thanks.

Maybe you can try off-setting your Longitude to compensate for it (in USALS) .......I have never had to do this as we have a perfect True South satellite here in the Twin Cities.

Good Luck!

That sounds an easy idea, I will try it. Thanks Pete.

If you don't have a perfect due south sat (I don't), how would you proceed?

I was thinking of aligning the motor to True South
setup the motor as-per the destructions
dial in the next closest south sat (110 for me) and let the reciever steer the motor via USALS to the bird.
Peak the dish using hopefully just the declination (assuming you nailed true south).

Should this work? I'd obviously use a DSS LNB hitting 110 and swapping it for the Ku one once the dish is good to go.

Yes thats exactly how to do it! Change back to a KU LNBF (change L.O.)...... USALS over and all your satellites should be there (or there abouts)

My first receiver did not have USALS. I pointed the motor directly to SBS6. Then I loosend the u-bolts on the motor just enough so that I could rotate the motor. I set the motor to point to SBS6 which was the closest satellite to my true south. Then I would move the motor about an inch the the west, and then push the button on the motor to move the motor back to the east to SBS6. I would then adjust the eleveation to get the best signal. Then I selected G10 on the receiver and pressed the button on the motor to move to the west. I kept moving until I found quailty signal on G10. If I did not find and quality signal on G10, I would press the motor button and go back to 0 degrees, move the entire motor slightly to the west, and repeat this process. Eventually I found quality signal on G10, and all of the other satellites could be seen as well. I did this in the winter, so once I had a decent signal, I stopped. I plan to tweak the settings now that the weather is warmer.

It took about 90 minutes to do this process.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone ever see one of these? not sure what kind of switch it is..

Wouldn't it be nice if...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)