How to program remote 2?

kermttfrg

Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Missouri
I have receiver VIP722 DVR. I have 1 receiver on 1 tv and can tape 2 programs at the same time. The remote labeled with a green 1 was lost and I have another remote I've never used labeled blue 2. I have figured out how to program my tv to it but can't get my receiver functions to work.

Can this remote be programed to work or do I need to buy a remote 1. If it can be programmed can I have directions?

Thank you so much! :)

I feel so dumb to ask but what tab do I flip? I don't see where there is one. Thank you again.

Attachments

• image-2145208220.png
    image-2145208220.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 214
The hard drive on the dvr seems to be not working. Saw the message the day I lost the remote. Does that pretty much mean I need a new receiver?

flip the tab on the remote, go to system info on front of receiver, hit the record key on remote and cancel back out of to programming.
No hassle, but why are you messing around with the Tab? He's in Single Mode so why not simply use the RF Remote in RF... it's actually frequently better then IR because you don't need to point it at the receiver.

I never actually saw anything stating that they were in single mode. :)
He said, "I have 1 receiver on 1 tv and can tape 2 programs at the same time. The remote labeled with a green 1 was lost and I have another remote I've never used labeled blue 2."

The "1 TV" and the RF remote he "never used" were the indicators. What did you see that suggested he was in Dual Mode?

OK, not knowing IF the uhf antenna was connected and running the risk of the #2 remote addy being the same as a neighbor, I was simply taking the easy way as that is what most people want. BTW since when does a HE wear fingernail polish if we're gonna get down to specifics.
bottom line= SHE came here looking for an answer, SHE got what SHE was after. :D

OK, not knowing IF the uhf antenna was connected and running the risk of the #2 remote addy being the same as a neighbor, I was simply taking the easy way as that is what most people want. BTW since when does a HE wear fingernail polish if we're gonna get down to specifics.
bottom line= SHE came here looking for an answer, SHE got what SHE was after. :D
How can I argue with one of the most prolific posters? lol
However, the poster that posted a photo showing a hand with nail polish got a bum answer. :rolleyes:
I'm done here.

SlingLoaded over WAN to TV?

Satmaps Malfunction?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)