how to point two bird using one dish (about 2 degree difference)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

david_sp

Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
I just installed my dish, and can receive the signal from G3C (95W), and will like to try to point one more satellite IA5 (97W), there are two degree differece, of course, will have slightly different elevation as well.
Is that possible to use the existing dish and install one more LNB (may be arm as well) to point to IA5. I will assume I can share one receiver (by switch or not).
Any one has any experience, please advice.

I scanned 119W yesterday and got the Superdish 121w Logo as well, so it is possible as long as none of the channels clash and don't over power each other. The satellites at 95 and 97 are so close there is no need to change elevation.(IMO)

You don't need an elliptical dish. You will need either a 2 degree monoblock LNBF (available out of Europe) or 2 - 23mm mount LNBFs with small feedhorns. Regular 40mm LNBFs with standard size feedhorns can not be mounted close enough for 2 degree spacing, 4 -5 degree separation is usually the closest that these can be mounted.

Your choice of dish will also have an effect. A dish with a wide beam width, which might not normally be considered, can receive both positions on one LNBF. A dish with a tighter beam width might not produce the desired performance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ini file downloader

All new Optical Silver Ghost DWG7000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)