How to do "unsupported" mrv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Currently have an HR-22 in the living room connected to my router. I'd like to switch the SD receiver in the bedroom for another HDDVR. How do I manage the "unsupported" mvr? My middleman company wants a fortune to bring a receiver & install mvr. If possible I'd like to do it on my own as my budget is very limited. I need to be able to watch my recorded programs in the bedroom, as I am sometimes bedridden and more capacity would be helpful as well.

Is this possible & would I be able to see & use both DVRs from one location? It would be very easy to run an Ethernet cable from the bedroom to the router if that's all it takes. I live in a very small apartment. :)

I don't have access to the dish or the splitters as its a multi unit setup. Any help in avoiding dealing with the middleman company is greatly appreciated. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with, but I do love my D*.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

kattheaunt said:
Currently have an HR-22 in the living room connected to my router. I'd like to switch the SD receiver in the bedroom for another HDDVR. How do I manage the "unsupported" mvr? My middleman company wants a fortune to bring a receiver & install mvr. If possible I'd like to do it on my own as my budget is very limited. I need to be able to watch my recorded programs in the bedroom, as I am sometimes bedridden and more capacity would be helpful as well.

Is this possible & would I be able to see & use both DVRs from one location? It would be very easy to run an Ethernet cable from the bedroom to the router if that's all it takes. I live in a very small apartment. :)

I don't have access to the dish or the splitters as its a multi unit setup. Any help in avoiding dealing with the middleman company is greatly appreciated. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with, but I do love my D*.

How many lines run to your hr22?

Can you watch and record at the same time?

How much is he wanting to charge you? Just curious.

Last time I asked they wanted $150 to swap the receiver and I think another $199 to "install" the mvr. I have one coax going to the DVR and I can use all it's features, including recording two shows & watching another. One coax going to the bedroom SD receiver.

Direct said they would swap the receiver for $50, but they have to defer to the middleman in the rest. :( Crummy company.

dfergie said:
My dvrs are connected to a router, all I did was call them up Saturday and told them I wanted to activate whole home, took about 5 minutes or less on the phone and a rbr on each dvr and I was set.

That sounds great. Can you see all the recordings from each DVR?

That sounds great. Can you see all the recordings from each DVR?
Yes. Just so you know, you can see the recordings from either DVR on either receiver. But, you can only schedule recordings on whatever receiver you are controlling with your remote. You do have the option of using either your smart phone or the internet to schedule recordings on either DVR. This is very handy when you are away from home and remember you forgot to schedule a recording. (It may sound silly, but I usually use my laptop in the front room to schedule recordings on our bedroom DVR.) When you add MRV they will ask you for the location of your receivers. That is so you can use the on-line features to do your scheduling. You can change the names later, if you want, on your D* account page.

Thanks to everyone for the info. I already use my phone to schedule recordings, so I guess I just need to get the DVR & hook it up.

So glad I don't have to give that awful company a ton of money too! :)

One other question. My 30 sec slip/skip button no longer works. I replaced the batteries & everything else works fine. The light doesn't even go on when I press it. Is it expensive to replace a remote?

dfergie said:
Wal Mart has or had the IR remotes in stock, not sure on the price from Directv for a RF...

Flag down a van and slip the tech a 10...I'm betting he'll give you 2 lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Whole Home DVR Question

Combining then splitting Cable signal to living room

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)