How reliable the power scan is?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

air88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Hi, all:

I did power scan about 2 weeks ago on G13, I found 4 FTA channels(3+1 test), they were all on 11718.

I did scan again last week, I found 3 FTA channels(1 test) (on 11718).

This afternoon I did power scan again, I didn't get any channels on G13. Lucky I didn't delete stored channels, so I can still watch the 3 channels I scaned last week.

I checked the web site: http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html , I find that the alive TP should be 11720, I manually enter the info and TP scan again, I got 4 channels (the same as 2 weeks ago).

I start to think how reliable the power scan is? (why the power scan can not find the 11720?) Do I miss any TPs on other satellites when I use power scan?

I checked the signal minutes ago, it is ~90%. But the power scan still can not find this TP.

My receiver is Fortec Lifetime Ultra.

Any suggestions or comments?

Michael

Guess you have just found the limitations of Blind/Power/Smart scan, it works most of the time for most FTA channels but in no way can it be considered 100% accurate, 100% of the time. Its a tool that can be used to help find channels/TP quickly but must be used in conjunction with Lyngsat.com But its a great help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Just Wanted To Say THANKS!

Arthur C. Clarke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)