How many sw-21 switches needed for a 110/118/119 set-up?

jerzstyle00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
dallas,tx
I would like to hook up 110/119/118.7 to a sw-21 switch but note sure if I will need to purchase 1 or 2 of them for this connection?
The LNB's are all single LNB's so basically I have 3 cables coming from the lnb's to the switch box.This will go to only one dual reciever.

Do a 33 switch. Easy and you only need one cable to the receiver.

Well the reason i picked sw21 is because its way cheaper($5) then a dp33 (runs around $30-$50).Not sure what you mean by 'one cable to reciever' as the sw21 switch would have one cable going to the reciever as well since I will set-up the sw21 switch outside near the dishes.But again will I need one or two sw21 switches inorder to do this?

A DPP33 switch will allow one cable to the receiver and use a separator (since you said a dual tuner) but you need Dish Pro LNB's

Since you mention 118.7 you have to have DishPro since no other LNB for 118.7 will work for Dish Receiver. There are some aftermarket ones that use to be used to steal Dish Network (but DIsh clamped down on that) so those wont work with a E* receiver and if you did 110/119 only you'd need two lines from the switches

A 21 switch only handles 2 obital slots. so only 2 birds per switch.
You need 3 birds, so you'll need a 33 switch.
21 switches can not be trunked together to make a 3 orbital slot switch, also 21's are not Dish PRO plus switches. A 33 switch is Pro Plus meaning you dont need a cable to every sat input, one cable to a seperator will do the job to feed a dual tuner with only one cable.

Mike

A DPP33 switch will allow one cable to the receiver and use a separator (since you said a dual tuner) but you need Dish Pro LNB's

Since you mention 118.7 you have to have DishPro since no other LNB for 118.7 will work for Dish Receiver. There are some aftermarket ones that use to be used to steal Dish Network (but DIsh clamped down on that) so those wont work with a E* receiver and if you did 110/119 only you'd need two lines from the switches

Well here's what Im basically dealing with here at my bro's home.3 years ago, he had a guy set-up his dishes for a fixed amount of cash which turns out to be like u suggested stolen DN channels.Neither my bro or I new anything about fta or satelites during the time but Im just starting to pick up on this stuff recently.
Since he currently has no tv, i told him he can temporarily use my DN sub 222 tell I get back.So at this point Im trying to hook it up for him but having a hard time.

Here's what I see currently connected:
-2 direct tv dishes
-3 lnb's (couldnt get up to see what they were but my bro tells me he had DN channels)
- from the 3 lnb's, four cables are coming out going into a 4x1 disqec switch.
- output goes to his disabled viewsat reciever.

Now if this type of set-up worked for DN channels before using a viewsat, why won't it work for a DN sub? If its a compalibilty issue what needs to be replaced inorder to get this going?

as discussed in another thread:

this works well and I have used a few times even on 722k receivers (required 2 lines)

The 118.7 LNB wont work on a Dish Network reciever unless its the Dish Network LNB that they use which is DishPro

If you want to go with 110 & 119 then use 2 SW21's to go to both inputs of the 222

The 118.7 LNB wont work on a Dish Network reciever unless its the Dish Network LNB that they use which is DishPro

If you want to go with 110 & 119 then use 2 SW21's to go to both inputs of the 222

There is legacy LNB for 118.7. I have it installed in my house last year only & still have it in use. Check switch detect all 3 sats....119, 118.7 & 110. The setup is somewhat similar to the pic obove....ie SW21X/SW21.

I have Intl package (along with Top200) & I can get those Intl channels.

But I have to agree....its a lot complicated to setup....not to mention the cables...which is like litterally a bird nest (since its legacy setup...with multiswitch & SW21X/SW21...feeding 3 inputs)

Picture Quality

RCA Residential Customer Aggreement highly outdated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)