How easily can I stream Netflix w/ my 922 receiever? ...

speedmaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
NY
I just got the 922 receiver and I guess at least part of it is Wi-Fi because of the Sling adapter and functionality.

This morning I ordered a Panasonic Blu-Ray player (Panasonic DMPBD655K Blu-ray Player - Ultra Fast 0.5 sec Booting, VIERA CAST, Wi-Fi Ready, (Refurbished) at TigerDirect.com). I figured I would hard wire it to my router so we can stream Netflix content to our main TV.

But then I wondered, as the 922 already has at least some Wi-Fi capabilities, is there any way to stream Netflix via the 922 receiver, without even hooking up the Blu-Ray player?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

You can do it if you load a program called PlayOn on one of your PC's. Then using the DLNA feature of the 922 you can watch movies from Netflix on your 922.

Mike,

Does that mean you are streaming netflix to your 922 via google tv?

Speedmaster,

Are you willing to spend another $200 plus $4/month to avoid plugging in your $100 blu-ray player? ;)

Mike,

Does that mean you are streaming netflix to your 922 via google tv?

NO I am using the google revue unit to stream the netflix straight to the tv. The 722k or 922 hooks into the revue unit by hdmi and from the unit by hdmi to the tv or a/v unit and then the tv. When I had the 922 last year I used the playon application to stream straight from the 922 to the tv , but as I said the netflix application from playon cost me $40.00 for the year and the netflix application was not as good as the new google revue unit is. You can use it but it is more cumbersome than the google unit is. Since the last update on the revue unit you can view your queue as well as search by category etc. If you don't mind the $40.00 fee as well as the inferior netflix application , then you can use just the 922 and stream netflix to your tv. But be warned that you might see the picture freeze up and stop and sometimes buffer. I don't get those symptoms using the revue google unit .

IMHO I have a Panny bluray player with viera and I think you will get a lot more choice of services with Internet connection. I can use netflix, cinema now, vudu, Amazon on demand, pandora and you tube.

I want to say NO hd with the 922 streaming Netflix , but I honestly can't remember any longer. It's been too long. I do remember that using just the 922, it would sometimes freeze up and stop and buffer. I am using the same internet as I did with the 922 ,but the revue google unit works much better, with very little problems on netflix movies.

Dish Offers DNS in near future

Davenport Iowa Locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)