How does the clip-on antenna receive signals? On the receiver???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi, I am just wondering how the clip-on antenna would receive signals? I know the diplexor would combine the signals, but would it just go into a seperate antenna in on my tv??? Then would I have to switch to another video source to watch locals? Or is there someway to get them to go in on my receiver on some type of reserved channel or programmable channel? Thanks,

ROb :confused:

Your TV will never receive satellite signals. You use two diplexors one at the beginning to combine the signals and one at the end to split them. The satellite signal then goes directly to the receiver and the OTA signal can feed the TV separately or use an OTA ntenna input on the receiver if it has one. If it does the remote should allow you to switch between the two signals.

IF the satellite receiver is HD it can tune the OTA channels if it is SD you need to use the tuner of the TV set. The clip on antennas are little better than rabbit ears. The direction the Satellite antenna points is the direction the OTA antenna is pointed if the broadcast towers are in that direction you have the best chances of reception.

It is my understanding that some D* HD receivers do not yet receive OTA but that this might be added later.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Better route than retention

Moving: need installer recommendations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)