How can I record more than two shows simultaneously?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Are there any creative solutions to recording more than two shows at the same time?

I like to record a particular show everyday at 7:00 pm, but this uses a tuner so I only have one other tuner for that timeslot.

Generally this isn't a big problem but if I do record something else, my wife can't watch live TV any more unless she cancels one of the recordings.

Is the only option to have two DVRs and switch between them somehow? (that seems like a headache)

EDIT: By the way, I know I can record one more program if it's OTA but I'm talking about satellite-only shows.

sofakng said:
Are there any creative solutions to recording more than two shows at the same time?

I like to record a particular show everyday at 7:00 pm, but this uses a tuner so I only have one other tuner for that timeslot.

Generally this isn't a big problem but if I do record something else, my wife can't watch live TV any more unless she cancels one of the recordings.

Is the only option to have two DVRs and switch between them somehow? (that seems like a headache)

EDIT: By the way, I know I can record one more program if it's OTA but I'm talking about satellite-only shows.

Need another dvr. Or have her watch prerecorded events while the tuners are being used.

You don't need to record three Sat channels at one time. Get a wife who doesn't watch TV at 7PM. :facepalm

Why would anyone with a DVR want to watch anything live?
Since I've had a DVR, the only episode of any show I've "watched live" was the last episode of The Sopranos. No time savings because no commercials, but more importantly, I knew that episode would be talked about all over the radio, web, and TV and didn't want any spoilers...

Dish network billing

All American Direct Customer Service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)