Hopper/Joey Assignment

bobsie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Alpena, MI
I have two hoppers with one joey assigned to each. My hoppers are named Living Room and Family Room. When the installer did the installation, I told him that Bedroom 1 joey should be assigned to Living Room hopper and Bedroom 2 to Family Room hopper. I just discovered that he has them reversed; joey in Bedroom 1 is assigned to the Family Room hopper and the joey in Bedroom 2 is assigned to the Living Room hopper. Is it possible for me to just disconnect the Joeys and reconnect them to the opposite Hoppers or are they assigned by a configuration that needs changing? If the latter, where can I find and change those configs?

I have two hoppers with one joey assigned to each. My hoppers are named Living Room and Family Room. When the installer did the installation, I told him that Bedroom 1 joey should be assigned to Living Room hopper and Bedroom 2 to Family Room hopper. I just discovered that he has them reversed; joey in Bedroom 1 is assigned to the Family Room hopper and the joey in Bedroom 2 is assigned to the Living Room hopper. Is it possible for me to just disconnect the Joeys and reconnect them to the opposite Hoppers or are they assigned by a configuration that needs changing? If the latter, where can I find and change those configs?

Menu-Settings-Network Setup-Whole Home

Do this from the Joey and on that screen choose the correct Hopper you want the Joey linked to. After you select the other Hopper, you should see a green check mark appear.

Menu-Settings-Network Setup-Whole Home

Do this from the Joey and on that screen choose the correct Hopper you want the Joey linked to. After you select the other Hopper, you should see a green check mark appear.

Thanks, worked great!

would it matter which joey was assigned to which hopper?

It would for me since I have an external drive connected to one of the Hoppers. I have now connected both Joeys to that Hopper so I can view the recordings on the hard drive from anywhere except the other Hopper (wish Dish would change that).

What's the removable cover on the Joey for?

Can a western arc lnbf be used on an eastern arc dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)