Hooking up Directv - newbie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kslachowin

Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
I am trying to hook up my Directv to my Samsung Directv DVR/TIVO receiver. I have no problems when the coax cable is ran directly from my Directv dish to the back of the receiver. But when I try to connect a coax cable from the dish to another cable that is when I don't receive the signal.

Do I need something else to connect the 2 cables together? Does this make sense?

The second cable was pre-ran through my townhouse. So it is currently not connected to anything. I went to radio shack and they said I probably need a diplexer? Is that correct?

kslachowin said:
The second cable was pre-ran through my townhouse. So it is currently not connected to anything. I went to radio shack and they said I probably need a diplexer? Is that correct?

How many cables are sticking out the wall outside your townhouse? And how many total cable outlets do you have inside the townhouse? I am not concerned about how many are or are not being used just the total number of each.
If for enstance you have only one cable outside and say four outlets inside then somewhere in the line is at least one cable splitter. You cannot split a satellite signal using a cable splitter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20 Manual Yet?

Lower signal on 72.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)