hooking up a pansat 2700 to an ac-3 compatable receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Howdy folks,
I have been looking for an ac-3 compatable audio reciever to hook my pansat up to and am running into a problem. All of the receivers that i have found have either optical or coax digital inputs, whereas the Pansat has an RCA spdif output. What do i need to be able to hook up the pansat? do i have to find a reciever with RCA digital input?
Thanks all in advance

I don't think I've ever seen a reciever that'd take coax for the AC3 connection. It's usually optical and / or RCA. Mine has both.

thanks for the input shawn, i guess ill just have to look at the back of the recievers myself and not trust the salesperson lol

Digital Coax is an RCA connector. By Coax they mean wire inside shield, not specficially an F Connector.

The alternate name for Digital Coax is SPDIF, and SPDIFs old name was AC3 Coax (back in the Laserdisc days).

ahhhhhhhhhhh that makes a lot of sense ultra, thanks a lot for the clarification. I was at a big box electronics store last night and when i told the salesperson what i wanted he said that he all his recivers were coax or optical. I guess i should have looked at the back of them myself lol.

Did you tell him that you had an RCA SPDIF connector? he should have recgonized that.. unless he does not know what he is talking about (which is more than likely)

Always try to throw out buzz-words, they are bound to know at least one of them. (I should know, I used to sell stereos a few years back, and I know how the training process is..)

i told him specifically that i had a RCA s/pdif output for ac-3/ dolby 5.1 and need a reciever with an spdif input, apparently he was clueless, but what the hay, so am i at times :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishpro superdish and FTA?

Need an FTA system installed in Dallas, Tx..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)