Hero users: Update available

Some good fixes in this one, including:

Feature Updates and Enhancements
HTC Hero Software Enhancement SW 1.56.651.2 provides feature updates and enhancements to address the following:
• Improvement to camera picture quality
• DST (Daylight Savings Time) issue addressed
• Unable to receive SMS due to full memory
• Memory leak when Bluetooth is in connecting state
• 3.5mm mono when not using headset with mic
• Dialer application causing excess battery draw

But I think I might stick with Handcent for SMS/MMS. Just think the stock apps is a bit plain.

Beware of the following, and call if you see it:
Post the upgrade, I'm not seeing some paid for apps. I called Sprint, and they transferred me to HTC. HTC has escalated the issue internally and should be getting back to me.

If others are having the issue, you may also want to call in so that they are aware of how widespread the issue is.

What I suspect is that the signature of the phone changed and HTC needs to inform Google that this new signature is valid released production code.

The issue is that DataViz Documents-to-Go (full), and Sprite Android Backup (full) are no longer visible to the phone.

(Those are the 2 apps I've paid for).

Other apps seem to have the issue as well based on other forum posts.

Please call HTC ( 866-449-8358 ) and report what apps you are no longer seeing.

Thanks!

I heard from HTC today. They are still looking into it. I did point them at all the threads in the forums, etc. I had to explain the whole thing to them again, but maybe we're making progress.

Keep calling them if you haven't already. They really need to see how widespread this issue is.

And I did get mine today. It's takes some patience, but I'm coming along nicely. This will be a really cool phone when I learn to use it.

Droid sales not too good

AT&T Dead Last in Consumer Reports Wireless Survey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)