Helping my parents

GEORGIARES

Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Hello I am new to the site, I hope someone can help. I am trying to save my parents a little money with their system, an RCA dual output LNB, standard round dish, Direct TV programming. The last few months they have had a harder and harder time getting some channels. The local channels are fine, Starz and HBO are ok, just occasional picture freeze. But Sci-Fi, History and many of the Discovery channels (my father's favorites) are next to impossible to get a signal on. We finally had Direct TV come out and look, the problem is the neighbor's pine trees have gotten too tall. The options the tech gave were to have the trees cut down, or to raise the dish some more. The main problem is that the dish is about 2 1/2 stories off the ground and there is nowhere else it could be put and get a better line of site. I have been looking for an extension pole to put on the factory mount (rather than paying a contractor to instal a flagpole size mounting pole) to raise the dish but no one can tell me how much the dish needs to be raised, whether that would cause reliability problems and how large the tubing the factory mount is made from is. I think if I can just add say 5 feet of height to the mount that it will work. Is the tubing 1 1/2, 1 3/4? If anyone can offer any help, or if anyone has any other solutions, it would be appreciated, and if more info from me is needed please let me know.

Marty

The outside Diameter of the standard mount is 1 5/8" or 1.625". A chainlink fence post is the right diameter locally I can get it in 6',8', & 12' lengths. I have used TV antenna mounts attached to the side of the house with this as masting to raise the dish over the roof, you will have to evaluate your situation.

Pegasus 10 Q Not fully audited

322 to multiple tv's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)