Help with KBS World !

stevo

Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
So Cal
Hi Folks! I'm new here. I need some help of how to be able to get KBS World? Do I need a special dish or switch or something else? I have all of the channel on AT250 except KBS world.I currently switch to AT250 from absolute HD,But prior to that was AT250 or gold ?. I think I have 110,119 and 129, but KBS World is 118.7 . So is 118.7=119 ? I look at my dishes on the roof I see one is 1000 (but don't know which version?) and one 500. I don't think I have DP34 Or DP44.

Any help is greatly appreciate!

no 118.7 is separate from 119, you need a special LNB to get it. You can call Dish and find out how much they will charge for an upgrade of your dish to include 118.7.

Lyngsat is outdated (since the owner is in Europe and cant see our sats this is normal)...that you posted above is the 118.7 part

The list at the top of the page is current. It shows KBS on 118.7 and 72.7
118.7 requires a special dish and LNB
72.7 requires a regular dish (dish 500 or dish 300) and LNB

We've done KBS world off 61.5 when E* used to give problems with 1000+ and 44 switches. Don't know if it is still there what with the way 61.5 is going these days, but if it is then wing dish into 4th port of 1000.2 and checkswitch.

9850 (channel number) FOR KBS World on 61.5, the number may be the same on other sats (looks that way on my screen anyway). If you want you can check your installation summary screen (Menu-6-1-1, then Check Switch) for the grid on what sats are actually installed. If we can verify the tagging I can check and see whats available to get it working for you, or give you where to go to get it. Hit here on the thread and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
KBS World is on 704 and 9850.

Some people get the 704 channel and the channel is sharper. Most people get it on 9850. You need a second dish pointing to the angle.

9850 (channel number) FOR KBS World on 61.5, the number may be the same on other sats (looks that way on my screen anyway). If you want you can check your installation summary screen (Menu-6-1-1, then Check Switch) for the grid on what sats are actually installed. If we can verify the tagging I can check and see whats available to get it working for you, or give you where to go to get it. Hit here on the thread and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Tony ! OK I just checked and I have 110,119 and 129.

KBS World is on 704 and 9850.

Some people get the 704 channel and the channel is sharper. Most people get it on 9850. You need a second dish pointing to the angle.

All the internationals at 118 are fuzzy compared to what they were at 148. Dish is cramming all the internationals and some LIL's at 118 (I think Ku FSS may have less bandwidth?) and the result is quite the compromise in PQ for internationals. No surprise a more "sharp" PQ at a different sat location.

Not " all " internationals at 118 have a softer look. In fact the internationals at 61.5 are much more compressed causing more pixelation with some transponders having 15 - 18 channels vs 10 - 12 at 118 both using MPEG2 QPSK 20000 SR and slightly different FEC, The problem at 118 seems to be a reduction in resolution somewhere along the line from equipment mis-configuration, they fix KBS world then it reverts back, they fixed it again then it reverts back again to the soft appearence. Some of the internationals in the other language packs look far superior compression wise to the 61.5 versions which are extremely compressed down to 1.94 mbps. Cheyenne uplink TOC told me about a year ago that they handle 118 and 61.5 internationals were moved to Gilbert a few years ago, The problem could be in the plant not being entirely SDI from the output of the downlink receiver used for certain channels on 118, or perhaps KBS world is at 118 is a second generation turnaround from 121. It is not a turnaround of 61.5 since all internationals on 61.5 are several seconds after 118 in a side by side comparison, this is most likely due to the 61.5 internationals going through a second round of a time delayed rate shaping analysis which is what even allows such extreme compression ratios on 61.5 MPEG2 transponders.

HD-Lite?

Dish activating EHD for free?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)