Help with equipment for ku band reception

Status
Please reply by conversation.

intrepid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Western NC
I have a Fortec Ultra receiver with Universal lnbf, 85 cm motorized dish to receive FTA channels. As you know, these channels have 5 digit frequencies. I would like to also receive some additional dvb FTA stations that are only 4 digit frequencies. I was wondering if it is possible to get these FTA channels on my equipment by changing to a different lnbf, or if I need to purchase additional equipment. Or am I mistaken in thinking that the receiver can pickup these FTA channels? Any help would be appreciated. This is a great forum and I really appreciate your input.

You will need a larger dish. 4 digit frequencies are C-band. I would recommend an 8' dish, but some have had success with 5' and 6' dishes. And it will take a different lnb to operate. Your Fortec receiver will pick them up if you have the right lnb and dish size. You may also need other equipment to move the larger dish with (depends on the dish), as the Fortec may not do this.

Al

Check out the below link where we have been using a 40" dish to pick up a few DVB/analog C-Band channels. The digital ASN channel on Anik F1 @ 107w was the strongest I found. I used an Oval 40" Primestar dish and the ASC-421 C-Band LNBF.

Right now I use a 6' dish with the ASC-421 picking up all the FTA C-Band channels and feeds, a lot of fun!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=39119

PSB said:
Check out the below link where we have been using a 40" dish to pick up a few DVB/analog C-Band channels. The digital ASN channel on Anik F1 @ 107w was the strongest I found. I used an Oval 40" Primestar dish and the ASC-421 C-Band LNBF.
Right now I use a 6' dish with the ASC-421 picking up all the FTA C-Band channels and feeds, a lot of fun!
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=39119

PSB,

Are you still using just the Satworks for CBand? How about a motor?

Still use the Satwork 3618 (and a Pansat) for C-Band. No need for a motor as I was parked on the Alaska channels :( Back on the hunt for a used motor/actuator again now :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

My Sg2100 just stop and won't go East.

viewsat equipment info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)