Help with 5 TV's

rudydanielle

Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
I have 5 TV's and 3 recievers... 1-625 for 2 TV's, 1-322 for 2 TV's, 1-301 for 1 TV. My question is how do I hook up the 301 for that 5th TV? The others are already hooked up.
I know on the back of the 625 you can hook TV1 &/or TV2 up either thru coax or RCA Jacks, out of pure curiosity (before I aquired the 301 receiver I plugged in some RCA cables and ran them to that 5th TV as I expected I can watch the same thing on 2 TV's. So if I was to put the 301 box in between would that work? Also I am not real sure on the history of this box it came from a Lein Sale car from our tow yard, there is a card in the box....my other boxes do not have cards will I need this card?:confused:

1st call dish network and ask about the status of this receiver. It could have a balance on the receiver so you would have to pay it off before you could active it. It could be stolen from someone then it can't be used. Yes you need the card for the receiver, the early receivers had removable smart cards with now are build on the motherboard. You may need a new smart card, if so you may have to purchase it. Last of all you would need to run a RG-6 cable to the receiver from the dish or switch. If you active that receiver it's an extra outlet fee.

It depends on the answer to garys' question, but a few possibilities come to mind:

- 2 DP34 switches, 2 lines each to the 625 and 322
- DPP44, single line to each receiver with a DPP Separator on the 625 and 322
- Dish 1000.2, 3 receiver outputs, no external switch needed

More on EKB: Switch Selection

It depends on the answer to garys' question, but a few possibilities come to mind:

- 2 DP34 switches, 2 lines each to the 625 and 322
- DPP44, single line to each receiver with a DPP Separator on the 625 and 322
- Dish 1000.2, 3 receiver outputs, no external switch needed

More on EKB: Switch Selection

you are right, hooking up the 301 is not gone be walking in the park... u gone do to do this 3 things or if you live in area where they u dont need dish 1000. than u gone need to have extra dish 500 for the 301 reciever...

thanks guys ....I know you all love your dishes so no offense but this dish sh*t sucks!!!! When we moved in to our house 8 yrs ago the people who lives here had cable...they switched it to their new address, but the cable people forgot to shut it off here, so for the last 8yrs we had free, not jacked cable, then the people behind us didn't pay their bill so when they shut them off they caught ours and shut ours off. I liked my free, easy to use cable losts better.

thanks guys ....I know you all love your dishes so no offense but this dish sh*t sucks!!!! When we moved in to our house 8 yrs ago the people who lives here had cable...they switched it to their new address, but the cable people forgot to shut it off here, so for the last 8yrs we had free, not jacked cable, then the people behind us didn't pay their bill so when they shut them off they caught ours and shut ours off. I liked my free, easy to use cable losts better.
So why don't you just call the cable company and LEGALLY SUBSCRIBE instead of bitching about DISH?:) :) :)

Dishhome interactive

Panasonic SA-HT920 Dish IR Code

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts