Help on install of another tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Cut me some slack here. I just want to know what I am talking about before I call D* I am a current sub with a H10-250 in the den hooke up to my projector. I also have a D*Tivo series 2 hooke up to my SD television in the Den. A regular D* receiver in the living room and one in the bedroom. I have found over the last year I just don't use the bedroom TV. I have an D* HD receiver that is currently not being used, (I relpaced it with the HDTivo in the den. Here is what I want to do. Take the HD receiver that is not currently being used and put it into the kitchen. I just got a 17 inch lcd HD set that would go well in there. Now, do I call D* and ask them to take the hookup that goes up to the bedroom and change it to the kitchen? Don't think I have the knowhow to do it myself. Will it be costly? Thank you so much in advance for any response.

FlyingJ,

I would have never guessed. Of course I'll cut you some slack--we all gots different strengths. :)

Of install phases, this could be the easiest--but it all depends on where your multiswitch is and how tricky it would be running a new line from that point to the kitchen. And that is likely what D* would do, run a new line. If you want to discuss DIY, I'd be happy to talk you through it.

On the other hand, if you want to call D* for the install, I suspect that since you've been a customer since '95, that if you called and asked nicely for a new activation install for the kitchen, they will oblige. Would likely need to commit for a year--unless you're already under commitment. Besides, you'll go MPEG4 HD soon won't you? :)

Cheers,
Tom

FlyingJ said:
Cut me some slack here. I just want to know what I am talking about before I call D* I am a current sub with a H10-250 in the den hooke up to my projector. I also have a D*Tivo series 2 hooke up to my SD television in the Den. A regular D* receiver in the living room and one in the bedroom. I have found over the last year I just don't use the bedroom TV. I have an D* HD receiver that is currently not being used, (I relpaced it with the HDTivo in the den. Here is what I want to do. Take the HD receiver that is not currently being used and put it into the kitchen. I just got a 17 inch lcd HD set that would go well in there. Now, do I call D* and ask them to take the hookup that goes up to the bedroom and change it to the kitchen? Don't think I have the knowhow to do it myself. Will it be costly? Thank you so much in advance for any response.

If you can run the line your self, just move the reciever to the kitchen, if you really want to be accurate, you can go to thier website and there is a place to move your receiver to a different location,(so they have thier records correct)....

Jimbo

Just make sure they didn't kill the acsess card in the old rcvr when you replaced it with a new rcvr. That happened to me when I replaced my SD Tivo with the HD Tivo. And I specificly told the CSR (in South Asia, I swear) to keep the SD unit active cause I wanted to put it in the den soon.---Ray

Thanks all. Hey Tibber, yes I was almost too embarrased to ask... The multiswitch is really close to the kitchen and the hole is already in the wall from cable forever ago.. I actually ran it in the past and could watch whatever was on D* in the den. So I can kinda see how to do it....Can't for the life of figure out how to unscrew the connecter into the box to run the cable. Ya see, I am into this stuff but when it comes to hardware and screwdrivers and tools, I am basically useless. Guess I will give D* a call and hope they don't hit me up too hard. Thanks again

Sounds like something I'd do for a pizza and a diet pepsi, but Columbus is a bit far of a trip. Even when I'm visiting family in the Midwest, I don't get that far east, alas.

You know the drill: Call, Call, Call until you get the deal you want. I bet if you enable another receiver (rather than just moving one for instance), they would do it for free.

Cheers and good luck,
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Direct tv dish round single to oval 3 head

Local Channels in Letterbox????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)