Help needed prgramming 5.0IR remote!!

JNP2000

Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
I switched from DirecTV to Dish Network and had my new equipment installed today (Models 625 DVR & 322). I have a Sony FM Stereo Receiver/Tuner that all of my components run through (DVD, VHS, Dish, etc.). I control my volume through the Sony receiver. I have tried every code I could find & I did the code scan, both with no luck. All I want to do is allow my Dish remote 5.0 IR to control the volume on the Sony receiver so I won't have to lug 2 remotes around.. My DirecTV remote did it with no problem. All I did was search for the code (I don't remember which code I used for DirecTV) and the switched over to AV1 on the DirecTV remote and then controlled the volume on the SONY receiver. The SONY model # is STR -K740P. The system is on 4 yrs old or so. Any help or advice GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!:)

I can't tell you the code but I can tell you this. I have a Sony receiver also and I don't know the model off hand, but I have had it for 3-4 years now. Anyway with my old dishnet 301 remote, I was able to program it in, I do the same thing you do everything through the A/V receiver. However with my new one I can get it to work. So I'm now back to two remotes. I hope someone knows a trick 'cause I should would like to know of it also.

211 question

Efforts to bring WMUR back to NH North Country

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)