Help me update my iPad/iPhone software.

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I've done updates in the past without any problems but now I keep getting a "contacting the iPad software update server" message. And I get the same message when I try to update my iPhone. I upgraded to the newest iTunes last night without any problems. But I've been trying since yesterday to update my devices without any luck. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm using an iMac that I purchased last year. I can update all my apps through iTunes without any issues.

I've even tried updating direct from the iPad on my wifi connection, and after a few minutes I get the message "an error occurred while checking for a software update". Has anyone else had this issue. As I already stated, I've never had any issues in the past when doing upgrades.

Just give at a try at a later time. Can you imagine how many people are updating this week? :)

I thought the same thing last night. But I've tried several times throughout the day today and still the same issue. So I'm beginning to think I've got another problem. I'll give it a little more time. Thanks.

smokey982 said:
I thought the same thing last night. But I've tried several times throughout the day today and still the same issue. So I'm beginning to think I've got another problem. I'll give it a little more time. Thanks.

Do you have an Apple store close to you?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have updated my wife's iPad yesterday. It took a few minutes and I didn't have to connect to any computer: through Wi-Fi.

Well I still couldn't get it to work. So I did some googling and apparently several other people have been having this problem. I stumbled upon this forum and it fixed my problem. I really don't understand it, but it was some sort of DNS issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17800410#17800410

I've downloaded updates in the past without any issues. So I'm not sure why there was a problem this time.

What you think about this monitor?

Would you recommend buying a Touchpad?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)