Help making the switch to DISH!

Beachbum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
PBCH, FL
Okay, I am fed up with cable. I'm teetering on the edge like a suicidal maniac who forgot to take medication! I'm about to go from cable TV to dish and cable HSI to Hellsouth DShell (but still better than cable).

Anywho, the walls are exposed and I have rewired, but need to know how to wire for dish. We are going to have 4 rooms with the receivers. I'm assuming that 4 wires go from the 2 dual LNB's into the house then 2 wires to each 322 receiver and then attach one cable in the output to go to the rooms? I think I might love the 322 receiver because they are going to make this EASY for me. Now it will only be easy if BOTH the remotes for the receivers are the uhf or whatever, not the infrared.

Umm lets see.....Oh yes, I already have a 31'' winegard dish mounted on a pole, and the bigger the better eh? So I guess I could just attach both the LNB's to that dish and not use the smaller one that I may be provided with? Bigger because I live on north Florida, lots of rain hail and all that.

I'm not too talented in describing my situation so i'll go ahead and post a diagram of what im doing here:
wirediagram.JPG

Oh, and also, can I do this as a self install? Would it be possible to call dish and have them send me the stuff to install?

Jesus christ! Oh man....What am I going to do? My plan is screwed up now. I researched the 322 Reciever again and realized that it doesnt have TWO UHF remotes, it has one IR and one UHF remote. Is there any way to wire like above?

The 322 doesn't come with a UHF remote for TV1, but you can simply get a regular UHF remote, and use it on TV1.

BFG said:
The 322 doesn't come with a UHF remote for TV1, but you can simply get a regular UHF remote, and use it on TV1.
Elaborate....

So I can buy an extra UHF remote to use as TV 1 instead of the infared?

Would it be possible that when I call dish, I can buy an extra RF remote along with the 2 recievers? Is it fairly easy to program the additonal remote to that reciever?

What is the range on the remotes to the recievers? Will it work through all the walls to my wire closet?

Sorry, Been pretty busy today, sorry others haven't posted.

You should be able to request a UHF remote for TV1 when ordering, although I've never done so myself.

The UHF remotes have a pretty good radius and work through walls etc...

Just a question... this might sound kind of mean - SORRY - :
Why would you want to install the equipment yourself if dish network will do it for free?
If you install yourself you have to pay for the materials used for the install.
Unless of course your use to all that then in that case GAME ON!

satTV said:
Just a question... this might sound kind of mean - SORRY - :
Why would you want to install the equipment yourself if dish network will do it for free?
If you install yourself you have to pay for the materials used for the install.
Unless of course your use to all that then in that case GAME ON!
I did all of my installation myself because I can (and will) do an infinitely better job than anybody E* will send out. I have run four lines (two for Dish, one for OTA, and I ran an extra in case I ever got Voom), plus two CAT5e's (for phone and Ethernet), to each TV. Everything has been run in-wall with quality plates and connectors (all keystone).

I only let Dish come out and do an installation once because they threw in new LNBs and switches with the install. And, of course, he put his foot through my ceiling.

I'm not against doing my own work to see how things work. But if the install was free, hey why not.

Good point about the ceiling though. In that case I would have wished I did the job myself.

I'm in kind of a "special" situation here. The home is gutted from the 6' of water from the hurricane, and the family is currently living out front in a travel trailer, so it has to be set up in the trailer temporarily until we move back into the house (if ever). Everything should be simple and straight forward in moving the receivers into the house...

I think it will depend on what dish is going to say, I might as well give in and meet the installer and show him my situation and have him work with me...

As for the house wiring....screw it! I give up, there is no way I can add any more coaxes to the existing 1'' conduit, its impossible. I'm going to have to go with my original plan with the 2 receivers in the closet. I have heard mixed information on the RF remotes....and I give up. I'm going to go ahead and use the IR & RF remotes, all im going to do is buy one of those IR extender things at radio shack.

Beachbum said:
Would it be possible that when I call dish, I can buy an extra RF remote along with the 2 recievers? Is it fairly easy to program the additonal remote to that reciever?

You can buy one from Dish if you want to spend $50 for something you can buy slightly used on Ebay for $14 shipped like I did.

What is the range on the remotes to the recievers? Will it work through all the walls to my wire closet?

My remotes worked from a room at the opposite corner and one floor below the room with the receiver.

JohnP

Dish subs please help me out

HDTV + Disn experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts