Help for Max 2500 receiver's optical output

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xy_ji

Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
hi, guys:

I just got a Maximum 2500 receiver (not pantec max 2500). This machine have an optical output and the seller said it can output AC3 audio stream.
but it's very strenge now, because after I connect this machine with my Kenwood VR-406 AV receiver with an optical fiber, I couldn't get audio from PBS kids channel. but from montana pbs who haven't ac3 audio, I got voice from my AV receiver. so I can't understand that.

1. If this receiver can't send out audio stream from the optical output, why I got the montana pbs's audio?

2. If it CAN send out audio stream, why I can't get decoded voice form my AV receiver?

thanks for any reply.

good luck!

Roy

Hello Roy! Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA/MPEG-2 forum!

Not familiar with that particular model yet (Any details?) But Montana PBS has regular audio so thats why you are getting the audio, its not AC3 audio.

I would contact your dealer and ask about the AC3 output, good luck with it!

thank you,peter!
may be I discribed wrong, the receiver is Multistar Maximum 2500. I can't reach the manufatorys site, only get a dealer's page list blow:
http://www.ftaworld.com/receivers/max2000_features.shtml

yes, montana pbs has regular audio, but I wonder, if it should send out ac3 audio through optical fiber.

anyway, thanks for your help!

Roy

"Digital Optical output for true digital sound."

Someone earlier this week had said something about some models output digital stereo but not AC3; wonder if this is one example?

Iceberg said:
holy sh*t. Thats the same look of the receiver I just bought from kusat

http://www.kusat.com/go.php?path=/mpeg2/2600a.php

I havent hooked it up yet, but I plan on doing that tonight. I'll see what I can get

I checked the site and enter to the screen page.

it's the same model with mine except name.

so I'm not lonely in our forum, at least iceberg will do research job with me. :D

xy_ji said:
I checked the site and enter to the screen page.

it's the same model with mine except name.

so I'm not lonely in our forum, at least iceberg will do research job with me. :D

yep. KUSat just renamed it :)

sweet....I'll be doing some testing tonight or tomorrow night and hope to have a review by the end of the weekend.

xy...if I find out any info, I'll post it here :)

Iceberg said:
yep. KUSat just renamed it :)

sweet....I'll be doing some testing tonight or tomorrow night and hope to have a review by the end of the weekend.

xy...if I find out any info, I'll post it here :)

good idea!

I'll do the same job. ;) :rolleyes:

gonna bumnp this up....still havent had time :)

I will be doing a full review this weekend and will post it Monday. I will have time this weekend (between Bulldog victories) :)

I tried to input aid vid sid etc through remot control, but still couldn't get ac3 audio, but a little bit improve, catched some noice. lol, can't understand!

I temp. hooked it up and started working on it...one of these days I'll get it hooked up and running.

have to hook up unit and the decoder I had (still in the box) to decode the sound :)
Will be done one of these days :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA on echostar

Dvr501

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)