Help 01757 Area COde

thesaint2009

Original poster
Apr 20, 2005
Hello
I recently had Dish Network guys come down to my house and they said it was not a good area to recieve their signal and went away. I wanted to know if there is any way to resolve this?
Cant they dig a pole in the ground and install it there or even install it on a high tree some place.!!
I dont like Direct TV for their high cost

thesaint2009 said:
Hello
I recently had Dish Network guys come down to my house and they said it was not a good area to recieve their signal and went away. I wanted to know if there is any way to resolve this?
Cant they dig a pole in the ground and install it there or even install it on a high tree some place.!!

If you can't get a signal with DISH Network, you won't be able to get one with DirecTV either. They are all, essentially, coming from the same orbital locations. If there is a tree (or other obstruction) blocking the satellite signals from DISH's satellites, it is most likely going to block the signals from DirecTV's satellites.

You are able to get a second opinion if you ask Dish for one. In your area, look to the south/southwest and see if there are large trees in that direction.

You can mount the dish on a pole, or roof, but a tree mount is against the standards.

You also have a 200 foot cable limit from rcvr to dish. Figure 50 or so feet inside the house so if you can hit, say, a 30 degree angle over the trees within 150 feet of the house... then I'd try to get another opinion.

If you're under a tree canopy.. then you might be out of luck.

thesaint2009 said:
Hello
Sorry but installing in a tree is not an option.

DishPro Dual LNBF Question

More HD by the end of the year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts