HDNet Prepares for Landing 8/9 @ 5am ET

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Time Warner Cable to air Space Shuttle coverage in high-def
Time Warner Cable will air several special features related to the Space Shuttle Discovery in high-definition television.

The cable company will show a 30-minute special behind-the-scenes look on the shuttle. "Shuttle Discovery Returns to Flight" has been produced by HDNet and will air July 31 at 12:30 p.m. It will also include pre-launch and launch highlights.

HDNet also will replay the five-hour NASA launch on July 30 from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

All of this programming is being made available to lead up to the shuttle's return flight on Aug. 7 at 4:50 p.m. Central Time, which Time Warner will also air on high-definition television. HDNet is located on channel 162.

The programming could be historic since NASA administrators will suspend all shuttle flights once Discovery returns.

Scientists said earlier this week that pieces of insulation foam broke from the spacecraft during launch, prompting NASA's decision to halt the shuttle program until problems are solved. Discovery is the first shuttle flight since the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster in 2003. A similar problem caused Columbia to disintegrated during mid-entry, killing all seven astronauts on board.

Source

HDNet Prepares for Landing

Source: Multichannel News

8/5/2005 10:33:00 AMWhen the Space Shuttle Discovery lands at Kennedy Space Center, scheduled for 4:46 a.m. (EST) Monday, HDNet will be there to cover it live.

The network’s coverage will include the landing live in HD via HDNet's 1080i (interlaced) HD cameras and equipment, accompanied by natural sounds and NASA's own commentary direct from mission control.

HDNet added that it will use its exclusive HD footage to produce other special primetime reports -- one highlighting the landing, to air Aug. 9, and an hour-long documentary to air Aug. 16.

Possible Landing Sites for Tomorrow...

Attachments

• discovery_landing.JPG
    discovery_landing.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 200
I heard that 2 decades ago they did have to land in White Sands. They said that they are still finding sand particles from that shuttle landing.

The landing went successful! Thanks god!

Excellent coverage on NASA TV. Very good report on HDNews.
NO coverage on HDNET!!!

hdtvtechno said:
Landing Coverage reply starts tonight at 8pm on HDNET

There cant be a reply if there never was a recording to begin with.

There will be some other programming shown instead. Unless the really rush some kind of package together for the ENG recorder they had at the base

yes but still don't call it a replay.

A replay is an exact re-airing of something that has already been shown.

The HD landing footage landing has yet to be seen, therefore it would be brand new

First showing is

Wednesday August 10th, 2:00AM ET

Additional airings are

August 8: 4:30AM, 6:00AM, 12:00PM, 6:30PM
August 9: 11:30AM
August 10: 2:00AM
August 11: 5:00PM

I can't imagine there will actually be anything to see when the shuttle actually landed, from looking at the pics nasa posted it was pitch black dark.

I guess we'll see additional footage after the sun rose

I recorded the 2am but it was only the "nothing but trailers"....No the landing.. I recorded the previous HDnet World Report at 8pm ET and the landing was in SD not HD.

Heart: Alive in Seattle: Anyone have a Problem with this show?

GalleryHD now showing AuctionHD content

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)