HDNET, NHL and D*

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
some of you may have caught my comments last week, that directv has evidently decided not to air the twice weekly hockey games on hdnet. a supervisor's lame excuse was these weren't national broadcasts and you needed the nhl center ice sub to watch.

this is totally incorrect. we aren't talking about blackout rules. like last week, i couldn't watch a montreal-philly game.

i complained to hdnet. last friday, i was told this matter had been referred to directv but to email the network if i hadn't heard anything from d* in a few days, yesterday, the lady at hdnet said she had received several complaints on this issue and instructed d* to advise them asap how they were going to correct.

bottom line, if you try to watch tonite's game.....you still may not receive it. if that's the case, please email hdnet again, as they would like to hear from you!!! thanks.

Will do, if I can remember, even though I don't watch much hockey.

If I'm not mistaken, you should not need any other sports package to get the NHL on HD Net.
I was able to see the NY. Rangers game last night.
My Wings will be on next, I'll probably get blacked out. I wish there was a rhyme or reason with the blackouts so you knew when to expect them.

I'm gonna guess that if it's a home game it will be blacked out for me (because I am soooooo close, 48 miles away) but D* will still tell me I'm too far away to get the FSN HD signal (I do get the SD signal , but pay extra for it.

Jimbo

Absolutely no problems with Dish and HDNet.

Dude,
The Blackout rules are rediculous.
FSN showed the Wings & Preds game last night, two top teams in hockey.
The game was also on HD Net, but was I able to see the game in HD ???
NO, but the rest of the country probably was.

I just don't understand why they refuse to show the games in the area in HD on HD Net ...I normally get any other game in HD on HDNet.....
I guess it's just the way it's going to be.
This game was NOT available in HD on FSN Detroit.

Thats a whole other issue.

Jimbio

I have had no issues receiving any NHL games via HDNet; that were not being broadcast via another outlet in my region (which really is no problem, just the rules). If you want to PM me or post exactly when a broadcast in question is taking place I will be happy to look right then.

I just don't understand why they refuse to show the games in the area in HD on HD Net ...I normally get any other game in HD on HDNet.....
I guess it's just the way it's going to be.
This game was NOT available in HD on FSN Detroit.

Thats a whole other issue.

Jimbio
It's the same with ESPN and Baseball. The Braves will be on ESPN HD nationally, and either FSN or Turner South locally and ESPN (actually DishNet) blacks out my chance to see it in HD, while I have to watch it in SD. Life s*cks, but ESPN (and DishNet) s*cks more.
But I haven't had that problem with HD Net yet, at least not that I'm aware of. The Thrashers are rarely on there though, so it's sort of moot! But it probably happens here to?

Al

It's the same with ESPN and Baseball. The Braves will be on ESPN HD nationally, and either FSN or Turner South locally and ESPN (actually DishNet) blacks out my chance to see it in HD, while I have to watch it in SD. Life s*cks, but ESPN (and DishNet) s*cks more.
But I haven't had that problem with HD Net yet, at least not that I'm aware of. The Thrashers are rarely on there though, so it's sort of moot! But it probably happens here to?

Al
Actually it's NOT ESPN or Dishnet that is blacking it out, it's the FSN contract that makes ESPN black it out. FSN more than likely has the rights to the game and will not want to lose viewership ...

I couuld see if the FSN broadcast was available in HD, then the ESPN would be blacked out.

That said, I still don't agree with it.

Jimbo

i've been able to watch games for a little more than a week now. but, of course, the bolts/caps game was blacked out.....although, i watched in sd. great game, if you love tampa bay!!

Rulon Gardner is THE toughest athlete in the last 100 years....

Vazquez vs Marquez & Darchinyan vs Burgos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts