HD Signal and Picture Problem

Wimpy J

Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Mississippi
Hope this will make sense.....

Three days ago we had Dish Network installed. We had a HD TV in the living room and a STANDARD TV in the bedroom. They installed a 722 DVR. The standard TV had a little antenna installed (no box) that received the signal from the living room HD television.

Yesterday I bought a HD television to replace the STANDARD one.

I can't get a full picture (only a "boxed" picture with borders on the left and right). It also doesn't appear to be a HD picture.

I'm starting to think that this setup will not give me a HD picture only a standard one. Is this true ? Do I need a second 722 DVR for the second television or is there a step that I missed to get a bigger and better picture ?

Note: the TV (Vizio) is set to "Normal" screen setting.

Thanks for any help.

Hi, and :welcometo Sat Guys! The TV2 feed from any duo receiver is in standard definition. If you want to watch a separate feed then TV1 then you will need to get an HD receiver for that room. There are was to mirror the TV1 HD feed to another TV so that is an option as well. If you would like some specific help with your account,. please feel free to Pm me directly.

Hi, and :welcometo Sat Guys! The TV2 feed from any duo receiver is in standard definition. If you want to watch a separate feed then TV1 then you will need to get an HD receiver for that room. There are was to mirror the TV1 HD feed to another TV so that is an option as well. If you would like some specific help with your account,. please feel free to Pm me directly.

We have a Dish person coming out Tuesday to bury the cable. In a few minutes I'm going to call and add a new receiver to the work order. Can I pause/record/ or have the program with a another receiver ? What kind would you suggest so I can tell the representative or does he carry a selection in his truck ?

What is the charge for another 711 or whatever ?

Thanks

The charge for additional receiver is $7 a month. If you get the 211 receiver, you can add (at your cost) an external hard drive to the receiver and make it a one tuner DVR. There is a one time activation fee of $40 to do this. You could get a 612 which is an HD single tv receiver with 2 tuners, the additional cost per month for the 612 is $10 with no external hard drive needed.

You can send me a PM and I can get the work order corrected. If you just want to add another receiver you can. VIP211 is Solo HD receiver and you can add an External Hard drive for a 1 time $40.00 charge, and it will be $7.00 more a month. Note: When recording you will need to watch the same program that is recording and the EHD cannot be switched to the VIP722. You can get a VIP612 Solo DVR, it will be $10.00 a month more, you can add an EHD at no charge and switch between 722 & 612 on the same account. To add a second VIP722 will increase your monthly bill by $17.00! Just let me know if you would like my assistance!!

Might be worth it to get the VIP612. You can transfer recordings between it and the 722, as mentioned no set-up cost for an extra hard drive, and it has two tuners. (Three if you add an antenna for locals and their subchannels)

Thank You

Thanks to y'all for your help, I really appreciate it.

I'm going with the 612. Seems it will work best for me. Next Tuesday is the BIG DAY.

Great group here

ME and *E reunite!

Using two 30 or 36 inch satellite dishes on 110, 119, and 129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)