Hd receiver paired with 101 aimed 1.80 dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pakal

Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
I'd like to use an HD receiver (let's say an H20 ) to my 1.80 meter dish pointed to sat 101 and currently paired with a standard receiver. The purpose is not for HD channels viewing but to use a Logitec Revue connected to the receiver.
My question is : will I be able to see my current channel lineup of sat 101 ? Will I be able to set up the hd receiver with the current lnb and 1.80 dish ?
Again I do not care about the HD channel, I wont be able to get them anyhow from my location.
P_

I think all you would need to do is aim the dish to 101 using the correct LNB and then set the receiver to single dish at 101.

What is your location that makes you think you can't get HD. The HD sats are just 2 degrees on either side of the 101.
Or is your location outside of the US?

I checked for other posts and it seems you are in Honduras. Are you still there?
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/93780-no-signal-some-transponders.html

Yes, I am in Honduras ( bay islands ) and I already have my sistem up and running with a standard receiver and a 1.80 mt dish pointed at 101. I was only asking if my current setup (1.80dish and standard lnb) is compatible with an hd receiver.

Yes, I am in Honduras ( bay islands ) and I already have my sistem up and running with a standard receiver and a 1.80 mt dish pointed at 101. I was only asking if my current setup (1.80dish and standard lnb) is compatible with an hd receiver.

It should be. Just be sure to change the dish type in the menu to what you are using.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Serie Manger

Directv RB 1 99W MOD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)