HD on old Dish500 dish

jshin

Original poster
May 26, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I need to enable ESPN3 HD for worldcup soccer games.
I picked up vip211k and about to activate, but I need some confirmation on my dish setup. It is old dish500 (not plus) only with DP+ twin LNB (currently setup for 119W and 110W in zip 94104).
Will this dish work for ESPN3 HD? I don't care about other HD channels.

digiblur would know...
i dont.i am only aware of a couple hd showtime and hbo channnels coming of 110. my best guess is that the channel you want would not.you can always call dish and ask.

Until the lawsuit is settle, ESPNU HD and ESPN 3D will not be seen on DN's line-up any time soon, might even be years. ESPN 3 is a online website, not a channel.

I need to enable ESPN3 HD for worldcup soccer games. I picked up vip211k...
Oh dear. No provider has this "channel" other than your ISP (maybe). The VIP211 is a satellite receiver and (to my knowledge) cannot stream video from the Internet at all. From Wikipedia:
ESPN3, formerly ESPN360.com, is a broadband network for live sports programming in North America, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Middle East and Europe (except Italy). In the U.S. the network can only be accessed through Internet service providers (ISPs) who have signed up and paid ESPN for the service. The entire service is paid by the individual as a part of their ISP cost, whether they use the service or not.
I am getting more and more annoyed with ESPN who do this all the time: bundling and making innocent non-sports fans pay, and pay, and pay. Surely there is a better way to see the world cup other than through ESPN.

Last edited:

when is WWOR (MY 9) HD going to be available in the NY DMA?

110/119/129 using DPP 500 and old Dish 300?