HD News New Years Eve Times Square? Yes, but how much coverage?

The Las Vegas live feed does looks soft and more of a broadcast problem. The LIVE for NY where it well lit with all the signs looks wonderful. The Las Vegas location where the broadcaster is standing is very dark and no lighting. The NY feed looks very good.

:( I wish I had a live HD feed from NY :( I need my own c-ban so I can get this things directly...

Someone needs to tell the guy in New Orleans to focus the damn camera. Tell me the massive pixelation and softness from other scenes is not choked bandwidth? I need to go drink some champagne so I won't notice.

DarrellP said:
Someone needs to tell the guy in New Orleans to focus the damn camera. Tell me the massive pixelation and softness from other scenes is not choked bandwidth? I need to go drink some champagne so I won't notice.

I see softness from New Olearn but I haven't seen pixelation... Maybe someone else can chime in to see if they can see the pixelation but I haven't so far.

They showed a scene with someone singing with confetti dropping and the entire screen was nothing but pixelation. I agree Las Vegas looks better, I hadn't seen Las Vegas yet when I first posted.

They also need to can the stupid repeating news bar at the bottom. How many times can we read about Colin Powell and the locked exit door at the club?

Even the Las Vegas shots are out of focus, maybe all the cameramen have started tipping the glass a bit too early? ;-)

Sean, you are too good! I'm glad we have you around to cool things off. Happy New Year. Sorry for the attitude, I just hate lousy HD.

FWIW, the Las Vegas fireworks had zero pixelation, but the image was still soft, you could tell by looking at the HDN lettering on the mic that it was not in sharp focus, I wonder if they did that on purpose?

Highlights of HDNet Programming for Holidays

Starz HD East: Cold Mountain 9pm ET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)