HD install

yapagaldil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
I am currently a dish network customer. I just upgraded to HD package with DVRadvantage program. My questions are regarding up coming install.

-What can i expect from the installer before he comes to do anything to my current servie.
-is there going to be a new dish installed or the LNBS would be changed on Super Dish?

The lady i spoke with was very helpful in making me understand the billing. Just like many of you i was confused but that has been cleared. She wasn't realy sure about how the HD install would go.

Thanks in advance

If you currently have a SuperDish 121 or SuperDish 105 and no other dishes installed, you will need a dish pointed at either 129 or 61.5 to get the majority of the HD programming. Then, if your Local HD stations are available and not on any of those satellites, you would need another dish pointed at another satellite. They may also have to install a switch between the satellites and receivers. The SuperDish 121/105 with no other dishes installed, normally uses a DP34.

Currently there are not kits to convert the SuperDish to something else. So it is possible the SuperDish will be removed and replaced with something else.

What city do you get your local programming from?
How many receivers will you be using, and how many dual tuners?

What city do you get your local programming from?

I get them from Washington DC

How many receivers will you be using, and how many dual tuners?
There will be one HD dual tuner DVR that's all for now.

Is anyones HD locals even close to OTA?

Help I am unable to get 119 satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)