HD-DVR250 recording time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lucca

Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
About 9 months ago I bought a 160GB upgrades kit for my HR10-250, including a twinbreeze bracket and fan.

Since then every time I record a show, I get a notice on the screen “Please Wait” which lasts between 3min and 5min. This huge delay is driving me crazy. Is there anything I can do to speed up the recording process? If not, can I replace the add-on hard drive with something smaller or faster?

My last resort would be to disable the extra drive and go back to the original configuration. Can I do that without physically removing the extra drive it in case I want to go back to it?

HELP

My un-upgraded HR10-250 does about the same thing. No real relief until the 6.2 upgrade makes it down to us. What other have sugguest is to cut down on the number of season passes you might have and to do a clear of your thumbs up/down's so it has less checking to do for any upcoming conflicts due to the request to record a program.

HR10-250 recording time reduced

Thanks very much. I reset the thumbs up/down tivo suggestions and I went from 3-5 min of "Please wait" to 27sec t0 30 sec. Thats a vast improvement!

Same problem here. I've turned off the Tivo suggetions. Is that the same as the thumbs up/down? and if not how do I do that? I'm gonna clear as many as I can of my season passes, but I work nites so I don't think I'll be clearing enough to make a difference.--Ray

raymo721 said:
Same problem here. I've turned off the Tivo suggetions. Is that the same as the thumbs up/down? and if not how do I do that? I'm gonna clear as many as I can of my season passes, but I work nites so I don't think I'll be clearing enough to make a difference.--Ray

Don't remember the specifics, but it's in the setup menus, I think it's in the same section for telling the box to restart. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HELP: R10-250 wrong satellite table!!

Any Dolby Digital content other than HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)