HD and Waivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mattsarz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Willoughby, OH
I realize this has been talked about here already, so forgive me for not searching endlessly throught the archives. I recently bought a HDTV and I live in a FOX O&O market, so I believe I should be entitled to the WNYW HD feed through D*. I called up on Saturday & Sunday and they informed me that I need to go through the waiver process. I'm only interested in the Fox feed and I probably would get shot down for the other HD waivers, however if the other stations grant me access, thats fine. My questions are:

1) I thought that if you lived in a Fox O&O market, there was a blanket waiver? Am I incorrect or do I need to go through the same 45 day waiting period (I realize that I can call up the station and get the waiver myself if need be)?

I should also mention that there are no other DMAs that could claim me for Grade B status.

2) Has anyone here been granted waivers for stations that normally would not grant them for Grade A status for HD? The reason I ask is that I live in an apt. building and my apt. is on the west end of the building and the broadcast towers are to the east. I tried an outdoor antenna yesterday and had zero luck getting a signal off any of my local stations, except the local Fox station because its the closest and slightly SE, but even that station had lots of breakups. The building itself is solid steel and brick so I'm likely fighting the building to try to get a signal. The other three are owned by Raycom (CBS), Scripps (ABC) and Gannett (NBC).

3) Following the same line as no. 2, has anyone tried doing a signal test to get an HD waiver?

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

upgrade

Customer Retention Dept dead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)