HD Activity? Hmm...

I hope! I hope! I hope!

(But our hopes have been dashed in the past, so we'll see.)

I just wish Charlie would let his current subs lease the 942. That would be nice.

da Doug

I wish you could get the local guide info without have to sub to DISH locals. Can't see having our customers spend $5 a month jsut to get the guide info when our local stations provide it for free.

I'm betting these are tests for putting HD locals in the 90's channel range (as also suggested by someone at dbstalk).

I just think that as HDTV becomes mainstream, that its kinda ridiculous to have them up in the 9220 channel range.

I think that rather than this meaning that new HDTV channels are on the way, that instead we will just see the existing HD channels move down to the lower (sub 100) channel numbers.

I have learned not to put to much faith in dish for additional HD content, (I hope I am wrong) but Charley stated in the last chat it will be awhile before we see more HD, but if anyone remembers a few chats ago he said we may put something up!!
Fortunatly I can pick up all my locals in HD OTA!!

The discouraging part in all this, for me anyway, is that they are testing 4 HD channels per transponder. :(

NightRyder

My firewall at work won't allow me access to dbstalk. Can someone give me the jist of the post that is the subject of this thread?

Stacy A said:
My firewall at work won't allow me access to dbstalk. Can someone give me the jist of the post that is the subject of this thread?

Posted by TNGTony:

"(ANON) sent me a note...looks like channels 91-94 now have 4 HDTV channels uplinked to them. Looks like they are all mirrors of other HDTV test channels at 148.

See ya
Tony"

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
The discouraging part in all this, for me anyway, is that they are testing 4 HD channels per transponder. :(

NightRyder

Perhaps MPEG4 test channels. That could be all this is.

Walter L. said:
Just in case :rolleyes:, here is my wish list for those 4 channels:
ESPN2-HD
UniversalHD
CinemaxHD
StarzHD

Amen, Brother WL.

They get those up and it buys them LOTS of street cred for the further testing and delays guaranteed under the long MPEG-4 uphill to come...

Hoping.

New 921 owner with questions

DISH First Quarter Earings Conf Call

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts