Has sat 119 stopped transmitting?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vev46

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
West Virginia
I'm getting all 0's on sat 119 active xponders (22--->32), but the only channels giving me a 771 message are 72, 76, & 79, which are mirrored somewhere in the 300's. Any knowledge of this? I just upgraded to DVR service w/HR21-100

I'm inclined to believe that 0's on 119 indicate a bad LNB rather than something blocking the signal. The dish is actually looking through a gap in the tree canopy of my wooded lot. What I've been trying to figure out is which side is being blocked. Since 119 is the farthest most bird in one direction of the satellite arc, and the feedhorns on the LNB are arrayed from the center of the LNB assembly to the left as you look from behind the dish reflector, can it then be assumed that the signal from 119 comes from the right looking up from behind the dish? Depending on any answers I get, I will likely swap back to my non-SWM LNB and see if I get anything but 0's on 119. If I do, I'll know I have a bad SWM LNB. If still 0's, I guess I'll be AZ adjusting again. Geez, I LOVE this job!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Problem Detected with the Hard drive

Pointing Dish for local channels in SW Virginia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts