H380 DVR playback issues

NJeanA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 19, 2023
florida
I received the update H380 a few days ago. Now some of the same old issues are surfacing with DVR playback. At end of recording skipping back instead of fast forward to the end if show. But most frustrating is live sports. Recorded baseball game on extra innings yesterday. Went to playback this morning- can’t FFWD it goes back to beginning. Can’t leave and resume playback, goes back to beginning. So can only watch it straight through without FFWD.
Today I will be recording sever College football games so will see if same issue.
I recall this happening last football season. Couldn’t Resume play was sending you over to the live game.
Any one else with H380 have this problem? Will be calling Dish soon and post back with info.

I received the update H380 a few days ago. Now some of the same old issues are surfacing with DVR playback. At end of recording skipping back instead of fast forward to the end if show. But most frustrating is live sports. Recorded baseball game on extra innings yesterday. Went to playback this morning- can’t FFWD it goes back to beginning. Can’t leave and resume playback, goes back to beginning. So can only watch it straight through without FFWD.
Today I will be recording sever College football games so will see if same issue.
I recall this happening last football season. Couldn’t Resume play was sending you over to the live game.
Any one else with H380 have this problem? Will be calling Dish soon and post back with info.
I spoke to Dish support. They put in a report since they think it’s glitch with H380. It hasn’t affected college football games today (alright!). Only isolated to Extra Innings channels 476. I did record an MLB Extra Innings game this afternoon. Watched as it was recording (about 45 minutes behind). The FFWD worked and I could resume ONLY up to the time where the game actually ended in real time. So I missed the last 2 innings because when I went back to Resume it started over again and no FFWD. I guess once the game ended and went off air the recorded version bombed out

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
I have complained to Dish tech support about the difficulty with playing back some recorded programs with skip back going to the beginning of the recording instead of 10 seconds back and with skipping forward also going to the beginning instead of advancing 30 seconds or to the end of the recording if it's less than 30. If you fast forward instead to the end of the recording, you may find that the software doesn't correctly report the remaining length of the recording. This is more likely to occur in longer recordings. It is also possible that the played back file will be in correct AV sync at the beginning of the program but not at the end. I suspect that the cause of all of this is an End-of-File data error in the recording that the DVR's software, AS WRITTEN, can't handle. The Dish rep said that this problem would be forwarded to their software engineers, however since signal glitches are nothing new while the problem is new, it is likely that the issue is not the glitches themselves but how the software handles them, that is, it's a software error that was introduced by their engineers. Essentially, they broke it and still haven't fixed it. I question if they know how to.

Anyone know: Is there a way to have timer end earlier in cases where the record time is 5 or 6 hours? Such as on MLB EI channels 476 ?

Dish DVR recording Extra Innings channel 476

110/119 Listings Post 129 Transition (Updated 9/2/2024)