H24 hook up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rcs

Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Colorado
First, I know nothing about hooking up a satellite system. All the acronyms mean nothing to me. I have direct TV. In the den we have an HD\DRV. The other box is not HD. We had DTV at work and they switched to Comcast. The boxes at work were H24. DTV did not want them back so they were going to toss them out. I would like to bring one home and replace the non HD box with it. After reading a little do I need a SWM power inserter? There are 4 cables coming off the satellite and going into the basement. The cables go into a Zinwell wide band 6x8 multi-sw. Is there anything else I need?

Does your dish say slimline? You need the correct dish to receive HD and with an H24 you do not necessarily need SWM or the power inserter. If you have a slimline dish with 4 lines into a multi switch all you should need is a b band converter. With the used box you would also likely need a new access card.

I just re read that again, I missed where you said you have an HD DVR. For an H24 all you will need is a device that attaches to the back of the receiver inline on the cable called a b band converter and likely a new access card.

I just re read that again, I missed where you said you have an HD DVR. For an H24 all you will need is a device that attaches to the back of the receiver inline on the cable called a b band converter and likely a new access card.
He's not gonna be able to activate it as it's more than likely a leased unit.
Just because D* says they don't want it back, doesn't mean it's an Owned box.

IF by chance he has the correct set up already, he may be able to hook it up and find it working with the same programming they had at work unless it was actually turned Off at work.

He's not gonna be able to activate it as it's more than likely a leased unit.
Just because D* says they don't want it back, doesn't mean it's an Owned box.

IF by chance he has the correct set up already, he may be able to hook it up and find it working with the same programming they had at work unless it was actually turned Off at work.
I assume work was on a commercial account in which case it was an owned receiver

While DirecTV might not want the H24 back, you got to find out if they changed it status from leased to owned before you can use it, You find that out by giving its RID number to DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Considering Switch Back to DTV - Worth the Change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)