Status
Please reply by conversation.

PoitNarf

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 17, 2004
Northern NJ
H20 Bugs?

So I just got my H20 and it's all up and running, and I'm trying to get all those shopping channels and PPVs and whatnot out of my normal channel guide so I can browse through it quicker. On the H20 when I create a custom channel list I am able to go through about 10 or 12 channels (all of which are locals up to that point), but if I scroll down any further than that the H20 resets (the format lights on the front will cycle and it goes through the entire boot up procedure as if you've first plugged it in). This happens every single time I try to alter my channels. I don't know if it's looking for something to do with the 5 LNB dish, which I don't have yet. My H20 has also already received the latest software update from D*. I have triple checked all settings in the receiver; set to my correct dish type, etc...

Has anyone else experienced this bug with the H20? Every other feature of the H20 seems to be working fine so far. I am in the NYC DMA if that helps at all.

Update:
It seems that the favorite channels list isn't the only problem. Trying to block/unblock channels in the Parental control menu also causes the H20 to crash and reset itself. When scrolling down the list of channels to block the same exact thing happens.

I also have noticed a totally different bug with my H20. When viewing 480i or 480p content, the pillarbox/stretch/crop format options do not display correctly on my 16x9 set. Pillarbox is more like a pillarboxed image within another pillarbox, meaning that the 4x3 image is squished horizontally. Putting it to stretch does not fill my entire 16x9 screen but makes it look like what it should if it were on pillarbox, and crop doesn't fill the whole screen either and just zooms in while maintaining a 4x3 image. These formatting bugs aren't that big of a deal to me since if you tell the H20 to force 720p or 1080i for 4x3 content the pillarbox/stretch/crop formating options work correctly. Again, I have checked all the settings on my H20 and tv time and time again but these problems remain. Surely someone else is experiencing similar issues?

Yet more strange behavior from my H20. All of the sudden it lost the ability to tune into digital channels from my OTA antenna. I am sure that it wasn't the receiver because the tuner in my TV was able to pick up the digital channels just fine. Took a reset of the box to get back to normal again. Someone please tell me that they're experiencing these same minor problems with the H20.

The rebooting while scrolling the locals in favorites setup is apparently a bug that others have reported, including myself, elsewhere. I discovered that the way around it for now is when you can't scroll anymore, before the box reboots, just manually enter the channel number for the next local channel up/down the list. It should then bring up the next block of channels to edit. Hope that helps. :)

PoitNarf said:
So I just got my H20 and it's all up and running, and I'm trying to get all those shopping channels and PPVs and whatnot out of my normal channel guide so I can browse through it quicker. On the H20 when I create a custom channel list I am able to go through about 10 or 12 channels (all of which are locals up to that point), but if I scroll down any further than that the H20 resets (the format lights on the front will cycle and it goes through the entire boot up procedure as if you've first plugged it in). This happens every single time I try to alter my channels. I don't know if it's looking for something to do with the 5 LNB dish, which I don't have yet. My H20 has also already received the latest software update from D*. I have triple checked all settings in the receiver; set to my correct dish type, etc...

Has anyone else experienced this bug with the H20? Every other feature of the H20 seems to be working fine so far. I am in the NYC DMA if that helps at all.

You can get around the favorites bug if you create and switch to another favorites list while editing the original favorites list and then when finished you can switch back to the now edited favorites list. You just can't edit the "Current" favorites list without causing a reboot of the receiver.

Thanks for the replies guys. The suggestions worked perfectly. Now I have all those stupid shopping and religious channels out of my precious guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR10-250 Help!

Miami Ft laud Signal issues??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)