H20 at Wal Mart

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is good news, but I still wonder why anyone would buy one when D* is more than happy to GIVE them away.

Eric Goempel said:
That is good news, but I still wonder why anyone would buy one when D* is more than happy to GIVE them away.
Well, there is a $200 rebate if you purchase it before 2/28 regardless of where you buy it.

kds64 said:
with tax it should be 214.88

Costco is still the place to buy them from, around $180.00 with local taxes so with the rebate you make appox $20.00 :D

dfergie said:
My local Supercenter now is handling the H20 receiver's I noticed yesterday. $198...
I looked at this option when I first considered getting DIRECTV.What I was told at Wal-Mart was that I could purchase the receivers at the store.Before I could leave the store with them,they would place a call to DIRECTV to arrange for installation.Then they wanted to charge another $20 on top of that cost for the installation.I asked the guy at Wal-Mart why does something that would seem to be pretty simple have to be so complicated.He told me that was the way the deal worked between DIRECTV and Wal-Mart.I left the store empty handed.Called DIRECTV myself and ended up with owning,not leasing,2 H20 receivers and the AT9 dish installed completely free of any charges.I had to agree to the 2 year Total Choice committment to get this deal,but,I figure overall,that was a good deal.:up :)

charper1 said:
Them calling DirecTV also makes sure you don't "steal" the access cards and never activate the receivers.
Yeah,I can sure understand that....seems a shame that alot of honest,hard working people have to suffer the consequences of the ones that choose to steal....such is life,eh?

The whole deal with the access cards happened because people were going into WalMart and buying a system then having the card programed for "free" service. D* stopped shipping the card with new receivers to put a stop to this. Now D* will do anything to stop people from getting a card without setting up service. This is the reason for the "early termination penalties".

The hackers made it hard on everyone, but I guess this is not the only industry affected by this type of deal.

Eric Goempel said:
The whole deal with the access cards happened because people were going into WalMart and buying a system then having the card programed for "free" service. D* stopped shipping the card with new receivers to put a stop to this. Now D* will do anything to stop people from getting a card without setting up service. This is the reason for the "early termination penalties".

The hackers made it hard on everyone, but I guess this is not the only industry affected by this type of deal.
Every new receiver has a card shipped with it, otherwise how would you activate it?

I have 2 R10's sitting in a closet I got at Wal-Mart. I consider them spares when/if my other tiVo-based units die. Wal-Mart never called D* or even took my name. I paid cash for both of them, so there is no activation commitment.

wolfman said:
Every new receiver has a card shipped with it, otherwise how would you activate it?

They started shipping access cards out again with the ird's once the P4/D1 cards came out and they killed the HU stream.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv values your privacy...not :)

What went Wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)