h20 and the filter...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all...

I had my H20 installed last month and the filter that came with it, the install told me i didnt need it. I still have it but do i need it and if so, what does it do??

thanks!!

To make a long story short, it helps with shifting the frequecies around so that everything can fit over the RG6 cable, you'll need it when MPEG4 becomes available and you need to receive programming from the 99 sat when it's turned on. It's called a B-band converter, some searching should turn up more details on it.

I have my locals in HD, isnt that on MPEG4 and everything works fine, ill have to look in my box and put it on...i wonder why the install said i didnt need it...and this receiver and dish wasnt new to him..

Again, you'll need it if you need to get any programming off the 99 sat when it comes online, you don't need it for the 103 which is where your locals would be coming from if you are getting them via MPEG4. Just put it somewhere safe or hook it up if you are worried about losing it.

Went into the basement and found the B-band converter and put it on, all is well, now I dont have to work...Thanks guys...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20 lost audio

AT9 same alignment as 3 LNB dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)