Green horizontal bands?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bear

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
I finally finished installing my dish this past weekend, and was irritated to find that my HDMI to DVI converter would not stay engaged in my HD Tivo's HDMI output. Thus, I had to switch to component to feed my projector. I now have green horizontal bands that crawl up the screen like a bad horizontal scan rate on an old TV. It is somewhat subtle (it's in the brackground), but it is continuous. Since my old cable box did not do this via component, I am leery of blaming my cabling, but I am curious if anyone has any thoughts on this?

We got this on HBO-HD (the channel we've watched to most since getting the dish).

Thanks!

Bill

you should get a replacement HD TIVO or at least a new cable from D*. the cable should fit and be semi-snug. kinda like a USB cable/device.

I'd complain and get a new one. seems like yours is having issues. deff. should not get banding of any kind.

Do you have multiple compoent inputs on the projector? if so try a diff one, just as a test.

RiGGs - thanks for the heads up that this is not normal. Would low signal strength cause this? I'm used to pixellation and macroblocking issues with poor signal quality, but I am also curious as to whether this might be a symptom as well (my Sat-C signal strength is in the mid-40s).

Later,
Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I need to replace my current dtv reciver.

Additional Charge for each room???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)