globecast download tp frequencie?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
can anyone help me out. just got the new smart card from globecast so i can receive setanta. old smart card worked fine. I was told by globecast i would need to upgrade software, they told me the transponder frequency but I cannot remember it. anyone know what the # 1 transponder needs to be for the software update via sat?

this is not a hack question. system is perfectly legal, but i figured after waiting on hold for over an hour someone here might know the answer.

any help appreciated

I thought the download came automatically on any TP. ........ After calling to tell them it can take 15-20mins then BANG! The programming appears!

I tried that pete, but because i have an older receiver i bought off e-bay, it wouldn't not work automatically. i did call and they changed the id of the cards ok so my old card won't work, but now i must up grade the software for the new card to recognize it.

Got it!
I would love to activate my Globecast receiver for Setanta but I would never get round to seeing the games : (
(Can't watch re-runs, got to be LIVE or I am not interested)

Attachments

• Pict0023.JPG
    Pict0023.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 170
PSB said:
I thought the download came automatically on any TP. ........ After calling to tell them it can take 15-20mins then BANG! The programming appears!

Would qualify that with you have to be on a globecast transponder for the above to be true. Even on IA-5 which has a number of dedicated globecast transponders there are also many non globecast transponders as well.

I was talking about a Globecast installation, while sitting on a preprogrammed Globecast channel/TP : )

globecast has several channels free to air as well, the tech said one transponder was their primary to up grade software, had to be on transponder #1 i guess to communicate with receiver and all
guess i will just have to call them back

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How much can one get on a "feed"

Very Bad Experience with FTAdirect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)