Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just updated my GeosatPro 200 to the newest software (1.57) which mainly helps the folks in Glorystar mode. If you have a GeosatPro 200 you should really update the software when a new one comes out. Unlike other receivers out there, these actually fix glitches (and dont create new ones) ;)

But ran across some issues with the advanced (hobbyist) mode..one glitch

There are a couple transponders on 97W that when you do a blind scan or a scan all the channel names do not show up. They log as "Unknown Name 1", "Unknown Name 2", etc. If you do a TP scan they show up with the name on the scan list but not when you exit out. You need to remove the channels on the TP, then rescan the TP.

and this is more of a general question. I put my receiver in Glorystar mode to see how well it works and I'm very impressed. It logs the channels in that are Glorystar approved and its pretty much plug and play :) But I saw a few channels on the G* mode that the advanced one doesn't.
The 1st 4 channels (slates...pics attached)
The Glorystar slate
The slate that a channel left satellite

All of these show on 11842 yet they dont scan in on the advanced (hobbyist) mode. Is it something special that the G* mode has?
I did see a channel log on the advanced mode in the radio section as "SATAV"..no audio, no video. TP 11842. What is that?

I've got a couple other questions but I'll ask them in the Glorystar forum (they pertain to the receiver in that mode)

Attachments

• PICT0136.JPG
    PICT0136.JPG
    885.9 KB · Views: 289
  • PICT0137.JPG
    PICT0137.JPG
    889.7 KB · Views: 271
  • PICT0138.JPG
    PICT0138.JPG
    890.3 KB · Views: 213
  • PICT0139.JPG
    PICT0139.JPG
    776.6 KB · Views: 265
  • PICT0140.JPG
    PICT0140.JPG
    874 KB · Views: 264
  • PICT0141.JPG
    PICT0141.JPG
    887.9 KB · Views: 238
Those 4 or 5 "channels" are static loads into memory and only look at the TP for time update. (maybe to check for software also.) Oh, it looks like you got 6 static channels. There may be more information on the Glorystar forum --- or maybe Brian and I covered it in PMs.

Those 4 channels slate channels are virtual channels-- they are downloaded with the firmware and are displayed from the receivers memory.

interesting they are attached to the firmware. I thought it had to do with the G* mode?

The Firmware version for the DSR200 is currently 1.37. The Channel List version is currently 1.57

The previous posts are correct. These images are part of the OTA-SSU TS stream that we have looping 24/7 on satellite Galaxy19, transponders 11842 and 12115 and are downloaded at any time during a manual update or with the automatic weekly Channel List updates. The images are not firmware embedded.

The images are displayed when the receiver is tuned to a channel with the VPID set to the JPEG image name (example 9901.JPG is the image displayed on Glorystar channel 1). The images could be called up in any mode, but they are primarily used for populating the Glorystar informational channels 1 - 5 and to let viewers know about channel changes and upcoming events.

I will look into the name issue. We had increased the Blind Scan speed again, but maybe too much this time! :eek: Might need to throttle it back.

no these arent G* dupes. These are those Arabic type channels. The G* ones log fine.

The way I understand it is that those channels are part of the firmware and only displayed in Glorystar mode.

you are right. I hooked up my C-Band LNB to it yesterday and hadnt done the factory reset yet (to go into advanced mode) and those 4 stations still showed up with 0 signal ;)

The Firmware version for the DSR200 is currently 1.37. The Channel List version is currently 1.57

you are right

Also the AMC7 glitch from before is still there...from the reveiw back in December

AMC7 (137W)
There is a TP that has 3 stations from Alaska
3760 H 25195 (posted on thelist)

when you do a TP scan they will not log in but if you do a blind scan they will. Tried numerous times and on TP scan did both FTA & ALL and only when you do a blind scan

Iceberg said:
AMC7 (137W)
There is a TP that has 3 stations from Alaska
3760 H 25195 (posted on thelist)

when you do a TP scan they will not log in but if you do a blind scan they will. Tried numerous times and on TP scan did both FTA & ALL and only when you do a blind scan
That one was not on my fix list.

Last edited:
Iceberg,

I tested on 4 different receivers and can confirm that these three video services scan in both during a TP Scan and during a Blind Scan.

The TP has a SQ=60% and the LNBF LO is verified to be at 5150MHz.

Could your LNBF LO have drifted?

I've tried 2 LNB's...a C2 and the WSI version
Blind scan picks it up on 3761 or 3760 everytime

I'll try tomorrow and see what happens

Iceberg said:
I've tried 2 LNB's...a C2 and the WSI version
Blind scan picks it up on 3761 or 3760 everytime

I'll try tomorrow and see what happens

Has the receiver ever had a Master Reset? Hold the Channel Up button on the front of the receiver while turning on the Master Power Switch. Hold the Channel Up button until the test screen appears. Select option 0, press OK then power cycle the Master Power switch.

well tried it today and no go

Dish is aimed at 137W and verified on my old Pansat 1500. 65 quality
Hooked up the Geosat and shows 70 quality. Did a reset then a 2nd reset (the channel up/power switch trick).
Tried TP Scan (FTA)..nope
Tried TP scan...nope
Tried scan all channels..nope
blind scan...yep logs 9 channels. 3 on the TV side (the ones that work) and 6 on radio (these are COMPEL encrypted so they normally dont show up on a scan...just started that in December...see review thread)

So I went under "new sat 1" and blind scanned the TP in...worked fine. Tried a TP scan after that and nothing. This is the only TP I have issues with (that I know of)

Strange, very strange! I will test some more over the weekend and see if I can replicate. Any switches in line?

Not sure of any variable other than the hardware build dates.

no switches

20 foot cable from dish to receiver....same cable I've used for about a year and no issues beforehand.

Its not that big of a deal as at least I can blind scan it in

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stack Two KU Dishes?

can't get channel editor to work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)