Galaxy 3C only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sep

Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
Hi Guys,
After reading previous threads on here for a while, I still have not stumbled across an answer to my question.
Can I use a 24 inch dish with a FTA lnb to get Galaxy 3C?
I've read that some say the new Ku band is stonger, and some say you have to use a bigger dish or even a 30 inch.
Will D* let me sub if I only have my dish pointed Galaxy 3C, or do they even have to know.
I'm only interested in subscribing to the cricket this season and would like to do the install myself as I've done many E* installs.
I've heard that one MUST have 101 [edit] and 95, is this true?

ThAnKs

welcome :wave

I think you mean 101 & 95. Direct is mainly at 101

I know the stuff I can get on G3 (CCTV4 & CCTV9), which is FTA, requires at least a 30" dish. I don't know if a 24" would work well enough.

thanks, but will D* let me sub any channels on that without the 101?

I don't have Direct so I cannot answer that...hopefully someone familiar with Direct can chime in :)

You must have the 101 in to get the 95 because the 101 sat provides the software for your receiver to recognize the 95 sat. There isn't a receiver today that comes with the 95 sat software loaded out of the box. You also need the 101 to continously download the program guides. Also you must have a D* D-10 series recevier to pick up the 95. That's about it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question for a installer,

hr10-250 hdtivo & cable or antenna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)